Thursday, September 11, 2014

My first ever Five on Friday

Y'all...life continues to be crazy and my blog has been on the back burner for months now. I really want to get back on the blogging train because I know one day I'll want to look back and remember the details of our life. Several of my friends have inspired me to start this and I'm really hoping it will be an easy way to blog at least once a week. With all that's been going on and not much blogging, it's hard for me to know where to start and pick just five things but here goes...

ONE.
We have been in our new home almost two weeks and are loving it! There are boxes everywhere and we will probably be unpacking and sorting trough things and hanging pictures a year from now. God continues to give me opportunities to refine my type A personality ;) One of these days I truly do hope to blog with some pictures of the house, especially some before and after pics. We got a new couch that's being delivered tomorrow and I am so excited! Maybe, just maybe our TV will get mounted this weekend and off of the floor and our living room will actually look like a living room ;)

TWO.
Walker has been feeling MUCH better for about two weeks now. He still isn't by any means a totally happy, laid back baby but compared to screaming pretty much every minute he was awake, we have really turned a corner. His reflux is under control and he is nursing great again (except for when he is distracted by big brother and wants to look around). His gas and tummy are much better too and I am just so, so, so thankful! Now if only he would not hate the car. I guess beggars can't be choosers, right?! Hoping to get his three month blog post finished before he turns four months.

THREE.
Gray seems so much bigger and older to me everyday in the way he talks and plays. He wears me out and tests my patience but for the most part he is so sweet and smart and silly and fun and I really just feel so blessed to be able to spend my days with him. I am kicking myself for not being better about writing down things he says and does am hope to get better at that too. He is having a ball at our new house. Our half acre fenced in yard seems huge compared to the concrete slab that made up our yard at the townhouse and we spend as many minutes outside every day as possible. And yet he has only been taking 1-2 naps a week. But that's a whole 'nother astory!

FOUR.
The Bible study I go to at my church just started again this week. I am doing Beth Moore's new Thessalonians study and am so excited about it. Time in the Word, Beth Moore and fellowship with good friends makes me a happy Mama!

FIVE.
I saved this for last trying to keep a positive attitude as best as possible but y'all, soccer season has been harder on me this year than ever. Paul is gone A LOT. I miss him, Gray misses him and doing this whole Mom gig by myself all day every day and most every night by myself is tough. He has had something to do with his soccer team every weekend for the last 6 weeks and a lot of those weekends he has been out of town. I haven't been able to go to a game yet and that's hard too, being his number one fan and all. I know it's just a season and in another two months or so we will have him around more. He has off from soccer today and only practice tomorrow morning so we are looking forward to some family time this weekend.

Happy Friday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment