As much as I love summer, I've really grown to also love fall. The beginning of it at least, before it gets too cold. I started getting really excited about all of the things I love about fall the other day. And then I realized...no chili or taco soup for me because of the beans, no pumpkin bread because of the butter, no pumpkin spice lattes or pumpkin creamer because of the milk, and pretty much no pumpkin treats of any kind. And yes, I pouted for a little bit. But then God showed me some grace and reminded me that 1) My baby doesn't scream all day because his tummy hurts anymore and 2) I have new things to be excited about this fall...like taking Gray to the pumpkin patch and getting adorable pictures that will give me joy far longer than anything pumpkin flavor ever could. And dressing our sweet boy in sweaters, hoodies and sweat pants. And I am especially excited to see our chunky monkey dressed as a pumpkin for Halloween! I bought his costume at Carter's during their 50% off sale last week and I cannot wait to see his cute self in it.
I'm not saying I won't complain about not being able to eat dairy anymore, because there is a good chance I will before even today is over, but I am trying my best to focus on the positives. Thank you God for your unending grace and mercy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment