At his second weight check appointment, the doctor noticed that Gray's left hip was clicking. He didn't think it was anything to worry about but wanted us to get an ultrasound done just to make sure nothing was dislocated. We took him to Brenner's that Friday and he was such a champ.
The ultrasound confirmed that everything is just fine with his little hip. Praise the Lord!
We are learning more about Gray every day-his cries, his adorable facial expressions, how he likes to be held, what helps his gas to get worked out, etc. We are exhausted but are having so much fun with our sweet boy. I am so, so thankful that Paul has the time he does to be home with us this summer. Not only is the help so needed, but it is the sweetest thing in the world for me to watch my husband with our baby boy. Despite being tired, I am feeling great. It is so nice not to waddle anymore, to be able to sleep at night (even if it is only a couple of hours at a time), not to have to pee every 10 minutes, to be able to shower like a normal person, I could go on and on. I am hoping to start exercising very soon. I lost a little over 30 pounds in the first week and a half after having Gray, but things have been at a stand still since then and I still have quite a belly to work off. Almost 15 pounds of belly actually. Yes, that means this big mama gained almost 45 pounds! Only 15 over what I was hoping for ;) Even still, it is so much lighter than the huge load I was carrying before.
We have been so blessed by people bringing us meals since Gray was born. Between our wonderful family, friends and Sunday school class at church, we haven't had to cook one meal. It has helped SO much not having to worry about cooking and/or cleaning up. My good friend Renna who has been in the hospital on bed rest with pre-term labor even had a meal delivered to us! It has been truly humbling!
Mama and Daddy have even been away from Gray a few times already. We went out for our anniversary and Paul's parents watched him. My mom has kept him for a couple hours twice-once Paul and I went to dinner and ran some errands and the other time we went to the pool for a little while. I am thankful that we have family around who are
I officially quit my job this week. Although Paul and I have planned on me being a stay at home mommy since before we got married, it was a different feeling when I actually resigned. We will have to make huge sacrifices to live this lifestyle. We certainly have never lived large anyway, but we will still have to make a lot of changes. Instead of sushi dates, we might have to enjoy Taco Bell instead. And it will be so worth it. I know my new job as a full time mom will not be easy, but it is definitely the right thing for our family at this time and I am thrilled to be able to raise our son.
Gray goes to the doctor on Thursday for a one month check up. I am so curious to see how much he weighs. Stay tuned!


No comments:
Post a Comment