Monday, February 13, 2012

22 weeks

I only have about another month until I am in the third trimester...crazy! This week Gray finally weighs one whole pound! He is about 11 inches long from his head to heel. Sweet boy is starting to develop tooth buds and his lips, eyes and eyelids are becoming more distinct. He doesn't have pigment in his irises yet, but if I remember high school biology like I think I do, daddy's blue eyes dominate my green ones. That was so 15 years ago though so there is a real good chance I could be wrong. Anywho, according to my baby sources his brain and nerve endings are mature and developed enough to process the sensation of touch. He doesn't know to touch anything in particular yet, but any and everything he can get those sweet little hands on is quite exciting for Mr. Little Man. I can't wait for him to get a hold of Mommy and Daddy's hands in a few months! His reproductive system is working overtime this week too. That's all I really want to say about that-this is my baby boy we're talking about! This week Gray is really starting to have a sense of taste and is able to taste what I am eating. My sources tell me that if we want Gray to eat peas and carrots, I should be stocking up on them right about now for a better chance of him liking them. I wouldn't say I've been eating super healthy by any means, but knowing what I eat is what he eats makes me at least think more about what I'm popping in my mouth. I am quite confident that he likes those Caramel Delight Girl Scout cookies that I got today, accompanied with a big 'ol salad of course.

Paul felt Gray move for the first time last week! It was very quick but there was no doubt that he felt him and he was soooo excited! I am feeling him more and more each day and it is just the most incredible thing. He was moving around quite a bit yesterday and I could even see the movement through my shirt. That was a first and it was so cool.

I finally started feeling better on Friday. I felt horrible all last week and lost most of my voice, which made teaching interesting. I probably should have stayed home a day or two, but I hate being out. I think most of my teacher friends would agree that it's easier being sick and at school than it is to be out. Sub plans are a pain and dealing with everything that happened while you were out is even more of a pain. Thankfully we had a pretty restful weekend too and I think I am almost back to feeling 100%.

Here's what big mama is looking like at week 22


Front shot...watch out!


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment