Saturday, September 24, 2011

Catching up and whatnot

Nothing new or exciting to report from the Hicksters. I'm sure y'all are just as tired of hearing it as I am saying it, but dang I'm tired! Getting to work at 6:45 most mornings and staying until 6:00 or 7:00 most every night, then running to Paul's soccer games twice a week and not getting home until after 9:00 most nights is getting the best of me. My quality time with Paul is limited to the weekends only and even at that point, most of our time is spent grading papers. Paul is so sweet and understanding and has NEVER complained about it one bit. I got me a good man!

Anywho, Tuesday night we went to see the movie Courageous. It doesn't come out until next weekend but Paul won tickets on the radio for the preview. It was the typical cheesy, low-budget acting that most of the Christian movies have been, but other than that it was phenomenal! I would recommend it to anybody, but especially for husbands and dads.

My cousin Ashley and my sweet godson Cole were in Greensboro this week visiting family. Thursday was Brent's (my other cousin) birthday so I went to my aunts house for some family time. I only have two first cousins so they are very special to me. The last time I'd seen Cole was in July and he has already changed and grown so much. He is quite the active little guy so there wasn't a lot of picture taking going on, especially since I only had my phone.


Such a sweet, sweet little booger


We are in the market for a new realtor. This will be the third realtor and we are now going on close to three years since we put Paul's house on the market. We loved our last realtors and have nothing bad to say about them, but it has been well over a year and it's just time to move on. We are meeting with a realtor on Tuesday and hope to have the house back on the market in the next week or two. It's been a long and frustrating process, but we aren't in NEED of another house. Period. Thanks to another trip to Kenya for helping me realize what's important. Don't get me wrong, we still don't want to raise a family in a townhouse, but we don't have a family yet so we are content with what we have. God knows what He's doing. And in case you're wondering, we've yet to meet our new neighbor. You know, the one that was supposed to buy our house and backed out at the last minute to buy one almost right next to us. I go by her house every day when I walk Sophie, hoping she'll come out so I can introduce myself to her but it hasn't happened yet. Perhaps that is God giving me more grace since I'm still just a tad bit bitter about that whole situation.

Off to grade some more math tests. Happy weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment