Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

I knew it was going to be a good weekend when I got the news on Friday that my friend Laura was in labor. Baby Ealy decided to come on out about two weeks early but she was healthy and mama and daddy were happy.

Saturday I slept in (which for me these days is 8:00) and stayed in my PJs until almost 5:00. Can't think of the last Saturday I was able to do that. I did a little school work, updated my blog and spent about 5 hours working on a Kenya photo book on Shutterfly. But best of all on Saturday was when I got a call from Harrison and Thomas in Kenya. I hadn't talked to them since we left and it made me so happy to hear their voices. It seriously made my whole weekend!

Saturday night we cooked out at my brother's house with my family. To me, it doesn't get much better than food and family together. My nephews are growing up so fast so every moment I get with them is very special to me. Matthew is in the "too cool for pictures" stage of his life but here are a couple pictures of Bryan...



My good friend Meredith got engaged on Saturday. She has waited almost 30 years for this and I couldn't be happier for her and Chad!

After church on Sunday Paul and I went to lunch with my mom, Gram and Chuck. I haven't gotten to see Chuck much since we got back from Kenya. It does my heart so good getting together with people that have been to Kenya because we can talk about it all we want and we all "get it".

That evening Paul and I got to go meet sweet baby Evelyn. These pictures are taken from my phone and do not do her justice. She was absolutely perfect.

Mama and baby




I tried to be a little productive around the house on Monday but it was mostly another day of relaxing and hanging out with Paul. Soccer season doesn't allow much time for us so it was so nice getting to catch up with each other. God has sure blessed me with a good man!

The newly engaged couple hosted a Labor Day cookout.


We had the best time gettin all up in it, as Meredith would say.






Can't have Katelyn and Derek at a cookout without music :)


These two are up next for getting hitched!


Definitely the best Labor Day weekend I can remember! And tomorrow is already hump day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment