Friday night Paul cooked dinner since I worked until almost 7:00. What a sweet, generous husband I have! I think I was asleep by 9:30 so that's about all there is to say about that.
Saturday Paul and I had the privilege of baby-sitting two very special twin boys. My good friend Abbie and her husband became foster parents to these boys back in August. I won't give details to respect their privacy, but they will have the boys for at least several more months and have been given permission to use their discretion with baby-sitters. They were so good and such a joy to be around. Although the boys may not know it now, I know that Abbie and Chris have been such a blessing to them already. I admire Chris and Abbie so much for being willing to answer God's call to become foster parents.
After that it was off to the ball field to watch Matthew's game. This is his first season on the biggest field and it is so weird seeing him out there. I can remember watching my brother on that same field just like it was yesterday. I still can't believe my nephew is a teenager!
Saturday night we went to my dear friend Renna's house for our first fall bonfire. They had a huge barbeque and enough food to feed an army. And by army I mean over 100people-for real! If you know me well you know people give me energy so you can imagine my excitement with lots of people AND lots of food. I used to teach with Renna at Clemmons Elementary but

Sweet Renna Margaret. She gets cuter and cuter by the day!


A lot of my other teacher friends from Clemmons were there too and it was just so, so good to see and catch up with everyone.

My sweet rafiki Daphne was there too. She and Renna are good friends from high school. I love it when my friends are connected like that :)


Sunday we took a meal to the Ealys. Baby Evelyn is already 5 weeks old! She is one sweet, beautiful baby girl!

Then it was off to dinner with the fam at my brother's house. To me there aren't many things better than spending time with family. I wish Paul's parents lived closer so we could all be together for family dinner on Sundays. We are blessed to have at least one side of the family close by though.
It was definitely not a restful or productive around the house weekend at all. But sometimes those kinds of weekends just have to be ok. The laundry and cleaning can wait when you're blessed enough to spend time with family and friends.
On another note, we have met with four realtors in the past two weeks. I think we have decided on who we want to go with for round three. We heard some good advice about why they think our house hasn't sold yet so we have a lot to do before putting it back on the market. It's going to take some money and time but we just need to bite the bullet and do it if we ever want it to sell. As I've said before, we are content here and do not need more space right now, but we would love to be settled in a house we are going to live in forever. With all we have to do to the house and the holidays right around the corner, we are going to wait until the first of January to re-list with the new realtor. We are praying that the 3rd realtor in the 3rd year on the market will do the trick!
No comments:
Post a Comment