Saturday, August 13, 2011

Home

We got home around 5:30 yesterday. It was a long, long journey home. I got even more attached to all of my sweet Kenyan friends and saying goodbye was even harder than the last two times. I was ready to see Paul and my family, but honestly that was the only thing I cared about coming home to. Not knowing if and when I will have the opportunity to go back made it even harder. I have a lot of amazing stories and pictures to share but just wanted to update that we made it home safe.

Something weird happened to my foot in Kenya. I have the biggest, ugliest bruise on the side of my foot that you have ever seen. It is longer than half of my foot. I would post a picture of it but I don't want to make anyone hurl on their computer. I didn't hurt it and I have no idea how it got there. In fact, I thought it was dirt or a stain from my shoe and was scrubbing the mess out of my foot in the shower one night. It didn't hurt until we were on the first long flight on the way home. By the second long flight my whole foot was triple in size. By the time I got home last night both of my whole legs and feet looked like tree trunks. Since it ended up in both feet, I don't think the swelling had anything to do with the bruise. It was very painful and looked even worse than it felt. I slept with my legs elevated and slept for about 12 hours last night. They are much better today but still hurt some. I am going to get the bruise checked out on Monday just in case I got bit by something. All of that to say that I received a phone call this morning from Samuel Katana, a pastor and dear friend from Kenya. I was so excited! It was the first time I had gotten a phone call from someone in Africa. He had heard about my feet from Chuck and was calling to check on me. It made my whole day! I will never be able to articulate just how sweet the Kenyans are.

Posts and pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment