Sunday, August 21, 2011

A weekend of fun

Saturday morning Paul had his final tournament game. The Raiders played well and took home another win but it still put them in 5th place for the tournament. After his game I had a ton of errands to run. There is still so much I have to catch up since coming on from Kenya. It seemed like I was behind the minute the wheels touched down in Raleigh just a little over a week ago. I've had a hard time getting back in the swing of the normal, fast pace, super busy American life.

That afternoon Paul and I headed to Raleigh for the Journey concert. I got Paul the tickets for his birthday in May so we'd been looking forward to this for a while. We ate dinner at Pei Wei before the concert. Pei Wei is like a fast food version of PF Chang and it is A-MA-ZING! I wish we had one in Winston. Night Ranger was the first to open the show.




Next was Foreigner. They were one of the best bands I have ever heard live.




Journey will never be quite the same without Steve Perry, but it sure was close. They were awesome!






Sunday our Bible Fellowship class had a shower for soon to be mommy, Laura.


Baby Evelyn Ruth will be joining us in just a few weeks now. My good friend and talented baker, Abbie, made the cake and she did an amazing job! It was definitely a huge hit! I love the owl theme for Miss Evelyn.



Our friend Missy made the shower favors...Baby Ruths since Evelyn's middle name is Ruth. It was such a cute idea!


Some of the wonderful ladies from our BF class.


Oh, if only every weekend could be filled with Journey and baby showers. Have a good week y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment