Friday night we cooked dinner for our friends Katelyn and Derek and then we went to see Soul Surfer. It was SO good! Carrie Underwood's acting was a little cheesy, but otherwise I thought it was a phenomenal movie.
Saturday we went to a big birthday party for some of our favorite youngins, Mason and Landon. The party was planned to be all outside but the weather forecast had other things in mind-like severe storms and tornadoes nearby. It was still a great party and the sun even came out for the last hour or so.
My good friend Abbie made the cake. She has become quite the talented baker! And it tasted as good as it looked.



Landon wasn't too sure of his cake at first.


But Mason was!

This will always be my favorite Mason face.

And Landon is even taking after his big brother.

This was the highlight of Mason's birthday-his very own tractor!

The sun came out just in time for some outside fun!


Saturday evening we took a meal to the Galloways. Baby Ryan is 4 weeks old now and is just precious!

Sunday we went to church at Pinedale. Katelyn and Derek lead worship at the contemporary service there and we'd been wanting to go see them for a while. We have seen their band play so many times but it was so cool to see them in church using their talents to glorify Him.
Paul was supposed to have a soccer game Sunday but it was cancelled due to the fields being too wet from the storms the day before. So we went to lunch with the Sowers. You know, because we hadn't gotten enough of them this weekend ;)


After lunch we went to meet my good friend Kristen's brand new baby, Grace.


I thought Kristen looked amazing! I hope I look at least half that good after just having a baby.


She was so perfect and it was so sweet to see how much in love her mommy and daddy already are! I have no doubt that they will be wonderful parents.
I love that we are being surrounded by so many precious babies right now. Since it's not quite time to have our own, I am taking full advantage of having the time and energy to love on everyone else's. Plus, a little free practice here and there can't hurt, right?!
Last night we had my family over for dinner and we got started on the home videos from our Disney trip. I know my family will treasure those moments forever and it's so cool to be able to look back on them.
It was a lovely, lovely weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment