Thursday, April 7, 2011

This is kind of a big deal

I've got to give a shout out to my good friend Katelyn Marks. I have mentioned in several posts that she is a local performer and has amazing talent. I feel it is necessary to brag on what she's been up to lately.

Here is Katelyn with Little Big Town.


Her band opened up for them at a concert two weekends ago. We were on our way to Disney and were super bummed we had to miss it. Katelyn just happened to have had an emergency appendectomy just a little over 24 hours before that. All of my friends told me she performed better than ever. A few weeks before that she opened a show for Steel Magnolia, another well known country band.

This week she got to meet and hang out with this guy.


If you're not a country music fan then what is wrong with you you probably don't have a clue who this is. This would be Zac Brown himself, from Zac Brown Band, one of country music's biggest bands. Her and our dear friend and hair stylist, Meredith, got to go to their rehearsal on Tuesday night before kicking off their tour here in Winston-Salem last night.

I just have a feeling about Katelyn. She is definitely getting her foot in the door by meeting and opening for some really awesome people. She has the talent, no doubt about it. I guess we'll just wait and see what God has planned for her. In the mean time, I am happy to have her here because it will really be exhausting to follow her world tour one day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment