Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

We had a wonderful long weekend. Friday it was cold and rainy here, but it was so nice having a day off. We slept in, went to the gym, I had lunch with my friend Abbie, we piddled for a while and then went to Gram's to help her get some things ready for our big Easter feast.

Saturday morning my mom went with us to Wrights Nursery. Our friends Abbie and Chris have recently opened this nursery in Clemmons. Chris has a landscaping business but now runs this nursery on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. It was the cutest little place and the flowers were beautiful and very reasonable.





We got back home in time to plant some of our new flowers before Paul's parents got here.




On the left is a knock-out yellow rose bush that my mom bought us for Easter.


It should bloom any day now.



We had a nice visit with Paul's parents before heading over to Gram's. We had our Easter dinner on Saturday since Paul's parents had to leave after church on Sunday. Gram did not disappoint with the menu. There is just something about a Greek woman's magic in the kitchen!

I am so glad the boys still love a good Easter egg hunt. I wonder if the reason Gram stuffs them with money is so they will never be too cool for it. Just kidding Gram!


Paul is the master Easter egg hider.




Sunday we went to church. There is a lot of food and fun involved in Easter, but the most important thing is celebrating what this holiday is all about. Jesus not only died on the cross for us, but He defeated death by raising from the dead. You will never hear of better news than that. I am so thankful to worship a God who is alive!

After church we enjoyed a nice lunch with Mom and Dad Hicks before they got on the road. I hated their visit was so short but hopefully we'll be making a trip to the beach to visit them sometime soon.




Today was supposed to be a day off for our school system but instead it was a snow make-up day. I can't complain though because we only have 6 more working Mondays until summer break!

No comments:

Post a Comment