Thursday, April 21, 2011

Oh what a night!

Thank God today is my Friday because I stayed up WAY past my bedtime last night ;) But it was so worth it!

Our good friends Katelyn and Derek got engaged yesterday. Paul and I have known about it for about a week or so now and it's been so hard keeping it in and trying not to act weird around them. Katelyn had planned a cookout for Derek's birthday so since their closest family and friends would already be there, Derek thought it would be a perfect time to celebrate their engagement too. Katelyn's best friend Joey is a photographer and she often does photo shoots for their band. Eventually Katelyn and Derek want to just be a duo, so Joey was doing a photo shoot for just the two of them. That was all part of the plan but Katelyn wouldn't have had any reason to think that was out of the ordinary since they had been talking about doing this photo shoot for a while. I will skip the rest of the details, although they are very sweet, and just say that Derek had the perfect proposal and her best friend got it all photographed. All of us were waiting at Katelyn's parent's house when they got there after the proposal. It was such a fun night of sharing in their joy and excitement.


Our good friends Meredith and Chad. You might recognize Chad-he is a reporter for Fox 8 news.





Gettin ALL UP IN IT as Meredith would say.


Love these two!


Paul and I look forward to walking along side of them as they plan the wedding, say I do and enter into the beautiful covenant of marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment