After such a loooooong trip and missing every single flight to get here, we are here safe and are so thankful. Our luggage made it here Sunday night so we didn't even have to wait that long to get it.
We have been doing evangelism in the villages all morning and then working with children in the afternoons. Even though this is my second time here, I am so amazed at how these people live. This is the poorest place I have ever seen and probably ever will see. The thing that breaks my heart more than that is the fact that they have no idea how little they have. And maybe it's not that they have so little but that we have WAY too much. Although they have such little possessions, most of them do not even have a bed to sleep on, they would not hesitate to give you the shirt off of their back. I wish everyone in this world could experience it here. I have so many stories already, so many emotions. I will have to wait until I get home to post pictures and share stories.
Tomorrow they are having a big election for the people to vote on a new referendum so we have the day off. We are going to visit an orphanage-the same one I got to see last time. I am so excited! It will be hard for me not to sneak one into my backpack. I appreciate everyone who is praying for our team. I hope to be able to blog again while I am here but if not, I will have plenty to share when I get back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment