Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Last week

I really can't believe it's November. October almost seems like a blur, which makes me thankful for the few posts I manage to get done on here since I can barely remember what we were doing just weeks ago.

Last week was a good one. Gray didn't nap at all and Daddy was gone a lot with soccer so both of those things always make the week even more challenging. But the one-on-one time with Gray is sweet and such a treasure to me and the floors can get cleaned in a few years, right?!

We did most of our usual last week-preschool, the Y, Bible study, Awana and all kinds of playing in between. 

Thursday after a 4-0 victory against Reynolds, Paul's team was announced Conference Champs for the second year in a row! They actually tied with Mt. Tabor and Parkland but out of the three teams total, Reagan had the number one seed. Their first play off game is this Wednesday and when/IF they lose, their season will be over. Of course I am hoping they make it all the way, but I'm also excited that the longest it can go at this point is two more weeks. I'm not even going to know how to act when Paul gets home at a "normal" time every afternoon. I cannot wait, and I know two boys who will be very excited too!

Friday I hosted a Halloween play date for the third year in a row. It's always so cute to see the kids in their costumes. I consider this picture a play date miracle y'all. 




It's a shame Walker was not a fan of this adorable owl costume.


Gray and his good buddy, Evelyn. I mean, Elsa.
Cute and easy Pinterest idea but Walker got to most of them before they dried so we had some very smudged pumpkin-faced oranges.




Ghost Tootsie Roll Pops-a Pinterest success!



Little stinker happy to be out of his costume.
Friday night Gray had his last soccer practice and game of the season. A good part of Gray's first go-around at soccer was spent taking himself out for frequent water breaks and stopping in the middle of the field to look at airplanes, but I think he learned a little and had a LOT of fun so I consider it a great first soccer season for our big boy!

Thanks to this amazing Daddy for making the time to be Gray's first ever soccer coach!


The Elmos, minus one player who wasn't there on the last day.



We spent Saturday morning running errands and then Gray and Daddy worked in the yard while Walker napped and I got out of the house for a few hours BY MYSELF! 

That night we went to Center Grove's big "Harvest Festival" (what us Southern Baptists like to call HALLOWEEN ;). We hadn't been there in years and they have really gotten big time with this event. It was totally free and they had a ton of delicious food-hot dogs, chicken stew, chili and all kinds of other soups, cotton candy, a million trunk or treat cars, horse rides, bounce houses, rock climbing and probably more than we didn't even get around to. It was really crowded and a little chaotic with young kids, but the boys probably consider it one of the best nights of their lives. ;) 


Gray got hot so his costume didn't last long and we didn't even bother with Walker's. There are worse things, right?!











Even serious-faced Walker was grinning and laughing the entire time he was on this horse!
The boys were up earlier than usual Sunday morning thanks to the time change, but nothing too crazy and we were very much on time to church so I'll take it. You win some, you lose some. I do however, HATE it getting dark so early. I would give up an hour of sleep any day for more daylight. 

Because of the early morning, Gray actually took a nap that afternoon! Paul worked on soccer stuff and I went to the grocery store BY MYSELF! Y'all, two outings alone over the weekend really helped me start this week off a little more refreshed. It's the little things!

That evening we kept my friend Ashley's little boy, Carson, so she and her husband could have a date night. He and Walker are only a few days apart and see each other every Wednesday and Sunday at church so they are practically best buds. Walker was so excited and sweet the whole time he was here. 





We are off to a rainy start this week and I feel like the boys are already going through outside withdraw. Paul has his first play off game tomorrow night. Go Raiders!!

Have a good week, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment