I never got around to blogging about the week before last and the two weeks before that weren't worth blogging about thanks to three out of four of us getting the stomach bug. Oh, except for the Dixie Classic Fair, which I'm hoping will have a post of its own at some point soon.
Anywho, last week was a good one!
Monday started with a playground date with my friend Allison and her two kids. No pictures were taken but the boys had all the fun running around playing while baby Natalie napped and Allison and I actually got to catch up a little. I went to my body pump class at 5:30 which made for a challenging evening by myself with the boys. It was almost dark when we left the Y and they were beyond ready for dinner. It was one of those moments I felt like a bad mom but quickly gave myself grace, realizing that it's not wrong to carve out time for myself and if the boys don't eat dinner until 7:00 every now and then, it's not the end of the world or even close to it. Meanwhile, Paul's soccer team was busy winning a conference game that went into double OT, then penalty kicks, then sudden death PKs. It was an exciting win that put them tied for first place in the conference.
Tuesday I volunteered at Gray's preschool for a nursery rhyme party.
![]() |
| Check out those amazing sheep cupcakes that my friend Laura made for the party. Surely you didn't think I made them! ;) |
Gray napped four days last week which means he's good for a few weeks. I always put him in his room to at least "rest" but most days he is singing nursery rhymes so loud that I have to get him outside before he wakes up Walker man. It's frustrating because I get very little done around the house (not to mention I rarely even get to sit down for a minute) but then we do get some sweet one-on-one time outside while brother naps. My friend Ashley and her two girls came over to play that afternoon.
![]() |
| Oh this boy. |
Gray didn't have school Thursday because the whole day was reserved for Calvary Day School to hold parent/teacher conferences, including the preschool! The preschool assistant teachers played with the kids on the indoor playground while their moms met with the teacher. Mrs. England had such good things to say about Gray and I am just so thankful he has such an amazing teacher! Oh, and I got his school pictures back. Get ready to squeal...
![]() |
| I didn't get the digital copy so this is just a picture of a picture. I love my handsome big boy so much!! |
![]() |
| Static hair, don't care. |
Friday morning we went to the Y and then played on their playground, since we hadn't done enough of that earlier in the week. Sometimes I allow myself to get caught up in comparing myself to other moms and feel guilty that we aren't at home practicing the alphabet or doing some amazing Pinterest craft. But then I remind myself that these boys are growing up so fast and there is going to be plenty of time in their future for serious business like that. So for now, we play about 90% of the time they are awake!
Paul's team doesn't have practice on Fridays so I normally tutor because since he's gone so much right now, I have to squeeze it in while I can. This week my Friday student canceled because she was sick so we actually had some family time that afternoon before Gray's soccer.
Saturday morning Daddy called us on his way home from practice to say he really thought we needed some doughnuts from Krispy Kreme (have I mentioned we have a brand new one here in Clemmons?!). Good idea, Daddy!
We spent the rest of the morning playing outside and doing some yard work. I think two out of three of these guys are going to be sad when mowing season is over!
After we got the boys down for naps, my mom came over and Paul and I headed out for a five hour date day/evening! We ran some errands, piddled around, had dinner and just enjoyed each other and uninterrupted conversations. It was GLORIOUS! Thanks, Mom!
Sunday after church while Walker napped, I took Gray to a birthday party. After that we ran home and scooped up Daddy and Walker and headed to a preschool fall festival. It was hot and neither of the boys were into wearing their costumes but the bounce houses and trunk or treating was a big hit!
![]() |
| It just so happened that Gray had this Batman shirt on under his fire chief's jacket. No one seemed to mind his mix-matched costume. |
![]() |
| This adorable owl costume is a hand-me-down and Walker is the third boy to rock it. Too bad he was happy in it for only about 2.5 seconds. |
![]() |
| And is this not the most adorable baby costume you've ever seen? My good friend Abbie's sweet chubby-cheeked Weston was perfect for it. |
Hope y'all have a good week!

















You can save all that alphabet learning and Pinterest crafting for January and February. The other ten months are for playing outside!
ReplyDelete