Paul had his first play off game almost two weeks ago. My mom watched Walker so Gray and I could go cheer them on. Unfortunately they lost in over time. I was so sad for Paul and the team, especially for the seniors who will never play another high school soccer game. It's tough on Paul and the team to lose in the first round after being State Champs last year. But they did have a great year and a lot of things to be proud of, like taking home the Conference Champs title for the second year in a row! The good part about it is that Daddy has been and is going to be home a lot more! The day after they lost their game he was home by 4:15 and it was amazing! Paul loves to coach and we know it's part of what God has called him to do right now but the days, weeks and five long months of the season are hard on us all. We are all so excited about having more family time during the week now!
 |
| Gray likes to call this "monkey climbing". |
 |
| Yay for Daddy being home on Saturday mornings again! |
After all the rain we got a couple weeks ago, we have been soaking up the sunshine and warm temps lately.
 |
| Helping Daddy blow leaves and drag them to the street, redneck style. The boys then get to take a ride on the tarp. Yes, our neighbors do actually love us :) |
 |
| My first sweet little love |
Gray is really into building tents and forts right now. He uses all of the cushions on the couch in the basement, finds as many blankets as possible and pretends it's either a pirate ship or Noah's ark or something of the sort. But of course Daddy is the ultimate fort builder, so that's another reason we're all glad he's going to be home more.
Walker and I have been enjoying our one-on-one time while brother is in school.
 |
| Little buddy is obsessed with some mail trucks! |
 |
| And apples too. And not taking off his pjs. |
That boy is such a ray of sunshine. Though he doesn't usually have the outside look of a happy baby, he really is pretty happy and content these days. He looks so serious lost of the time but can be super silly too. He keeps us laughing constantly and I could just kiss his chubby cheeks right off. There will never be a way to describe the love I have for my boys!
Paul and I got to enjoy a fancy date night out last week. Some friends of ours hosted a table at the NC Family Policy Counsel Dinner and invited us to come. Paul and I aren't big country club people and as a matter of fact, he doesn't even own a suit (shocker, I know!) but it was fun having a reason to dress up.
 |
| My *much* better half. |
 |
| My beautiful friends, Mary and Laura. Life is just better because of these two. |
Though Paul was super bummed about how his soccer season ended, it's meant he has been able to focus more on cheering on his dad's team, who is playing in the Eastern Finals tonight and Paul is going to be there coaching by his side. If they win they will be playing for the 2-A State Championship on Saturday. Go Bulldogs!
We've busted out some Christmas pjs around here. Mostly because Walker needed some fleece feety pajamas for the chilly nights we've been having, but also I am not one to get wound up about doing Christmas things before Thanksgiving. I do love Thanksgiving and try not to let anything take away from its meaning and celebrating, but I am not mad about Christmas music already being on the radio either.
 |
| I'm pretty sure Gray was just wearing these pajamas YESTERDAY! |
I'll end this little catch up by bragging on my man. We got the boys down early enough to watch a movie the other night so Paul headed out to grab us a Redbox. When I came out the next morning to have my coffee and read my devotionals, these pretty flowers were waiting on the table for me. Later that morning when the boys were down in the basement playing, I noticed these on the shelves. It was so thoughtful and sweet and I am very thankful to have such a wonderful husband and godly example to our boys.
Happy almost hump day, y'all!
Life is better because of YOU!
ReplyDelete