Friday, August 28, 2015

Preschool or bust!

Soooo, this happened yesterday...


Last week we went for open house and meet the teacher night and Tuesday Gray went for a 20 minute preview.

He asked for "Daddy" hair :)
He was all about this sign and the "big cat"!
No trouble making himself right at home!
Our big boy has been all smiles and ready to go since the first talk of preschool. In fact, he started asking me last week if I was "just going to drop him off". I told him I wanted to walk him in the first day and his response was, "Why Mom?" I know it's better than him clinging to my leg for dear life and crying his eyes out, but I wanted him to need his Mommy a little more, ya know?

He woke up yesterday morning so excited. He picked out one of his favorite shirts to wear and couldn't get in the car fast enough. Drop off is at 8:00 and preschool starts at 8:15 so Gray wanted to know why it was "kinda dark" outside when we left this morning. Daddy had to be at work before preschool started but we made sure to get a picture before he had to leave.
Best buds
He walked right in with no problem and I actually didn't shed a tear but Walker was a mess. I think it was a combination of him wanting to play in the preschool class and leaving his brother. I believe for the sake of Walker, Gray will get his wish and be dropped off from now on.

I really have a hard time handling how big this boy is.
Gray and his buddy Evelyn, whose Mama is a sweet friend of mine.
He will be going on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:00-12:00 with an occasional lunch bunch from 12:00-1:00, just for fun. I will miss my big boy but am looking forward to some quality, one-on-one time with Walker-something that has been hard to come by with number two. 

Yesterday morning we went to get the oil changed in my car and I was reminded of how easy errands are with just one child! Then we went to the playground at the Y while we waited for my body pump class to start. 

Add caption
I couldn't wait to pick up my big preschooler and hear all about his day yesterday. I got to the pick up line a little early and by the time Gray came out, Walker was OVER IT! I had a million questions for Gray and all he could say was "Can I just tell you after Walker stops screaming?!" 

It's going to be a great year of preschool for our whole family. I know Gray will love every part of it and it will be good for Mommy and Walker too. 

And also, I might even start getting more frequent naps out of my big 3 year old..,
Preschool for the win!

No comments:

Post a Comment