This week has been great. On Monday we went the the Y and then had a picnic/playground date with my neighbor and friend, Susie, and her grandson Jordan. I didn't take one single picture but we had all the fun. And y'all-Susie let Gray stay with her and Jordan for almost another hour so I could come home, put Walker down and get a shower BEFORE 10:00 at night! It was such a treat and Gray thought it was super cool to ride in someone else's car. It's the little things, y'all!
Daddy's team had weekend games so they were off Monday. That afternoon we went to the mall to get Gray some new shoes for soccer. Side note: I HATE the mall. But Gray couldn't love the mall any more if he tried. Time with Daddy during the week doesn't happen much for now so we were all happy to start the week off that way.
![]() |
| The boys squeal in excitement when they see these things and all I can seem to think about are GERMS!!! |
Tuesday Gray had his preschool preview, as mentioned in the previous post, and then we went to the Y. After naps we met my friend Allison and her sweet ones at the playground. I guess we were once again too busy having fun (or chasing around my crazy, busy, into everything Walker) because I didn't manage to get a single pic.
Gray slept every day this week which was nothing short of a miracle. He hasn't slept that many consecutive days in about a year. I enjoyed watching the boys sleep peacefully on the monitor and also got a lot of house work and some reading done.
Thursday was Gray's first official day of preschool. I'm not ready to talk about it again so you can read my previous post if interested. ;)
Friday we stayed home all morning. We have a big basement playroom and a wonderful backyard and sometimes it's just so nice to be home! Paul's soccer team headed to Raleigh early that afternoon for a weekend tournament. After naps my friend Laura kept the boys while I got my hair done. The boys had so much fun with their girls (Evelyn, their oldest, is the cutie that's in Gray's preschool class) and were very happy and tired (win, win) when I picked them up. They were even fed dinner and dinner was sent home with me. That's a good friend right there y'all!
![]() |
| Charley Kate is so lovable and Walker is now interested in older women ;) |
The weather Saturday was glorious and we spent the rest of the day outside. Gray loves to pull weeds, put them in his Gator and dump them in a pile for the "grabber" truck to come and get. This works out great because we could pull weeds for hours every day and still not be finished.
Daddy got home around dinner time Saturday and after spending some time with the boys, my mom came over and we went out for a long overdue date night. We went to a place we'd never been to before. The food was just average but we sat outside, listened to music and just enjoyed each other's company without any precious ankle biters children around.
![]() |
| Truly my best friend and most favorite person on earth! |
We are looking forward to another busy but great week ahead. Happy Sunday, y'all!







No comments:
Post a Comment