Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Gray-THREE

Dear Gray Christopher,

Oh my sweet, sweet boy! I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that it has been three years since you made me a mama. You are such a unique, special, smart, silly, precious boy and I don't think we could love you more if we tried.

You are such a tall boy. At your three year well visit you were 39.5 inches tall, which was in the 91st percentile. Dr. Bill said you are as tall as most four year old boys. You weigh 33 pounds, which puts you in the 57th percentile for weight. You'd be perfect to us no matter what those numbers were. You wear a size three in t-shirts and shorts but for a year or so now we've had to go up a size in most pants and pajamas.

Though we have plenty of challenging times, you have one of the sweetest spirits of any child I've ever been around.

You have an incredible memory. You randomly tell us about things that happened a year or more ago that we haven't mentioned since and it just blows us away. You are very observant, noticing many details about people and things, especially when we are in there car. I think you might already be better with directions than Daddy ;) We will be driving somewhere and pass by a road you've been to once in your life and you will say, "There is where 'so-and-so' lives" or "There's the 'so-and so' store." You also memorize things very well. You can recite the entire Lord's prayer and know many books word for word.

You have known your ABCs, how to spell your name, and your shapes and colors for a long time now. Several months ago I had a storage tub in the living room that I was using to pack away some of Walker's baby clothes. After Daddy took it to the garage you came running in the kitchen and said, "Mommy, Mommy come see! There is a rectangle in the living room!" And sure enough, there was a rectangle indention in the carpet from the tub. You amaze us daily with those kinds of things. You can recognize some letters but we haven't worked on it too much yet.

You talk like such a big boy. Your vocabulary is amazing and you crack me up using big words in exactly the right way a lot of the time. Just one example... "Actually Mommy, I think I'd rather have a pancake for breakfast."

Your love for tractors is still going strong. You can name everyone and LOVE going to watch construction sites. You tell us that you want you and Walker to be construction site workers when you grow up.

You are a Mama's boy if you are hurt or extremely exhausted but otherwise your Daddy is your most favorite person on the planet. He's mine too, buddy!

Things that you love the most in life are: Walker (though you don't show it 100% of the time;), tractors, Sophie, animals, music, playing outside, riding your motorized John Deere Gator, being tickled, ice cream, cheese quesadillas, mowing the yard with Daddy, Curious George, the beach, mascots/anything in costume, and for people to come over to our house, just to name a few.

You like to watch Curious George and a few Disney movies sometimes but would much rather be outside playing. You go nonstop all day, every day.





You are fearless and tough. I'm pretty sure you will be the kid with a broken bone for days because you won't be making a big deal about it. Your sweet little shins are constantly bruised and scraped up.

Speaking of going non-stop, you dropped a consistent nap shortly after you turned two. You usually only fall asleep once every week or two. I still make you go in your room every day for at least 45 minutes because it's good and necessary for both of us.

You aren't potty trained yet. Your strong will comes in to play here big time. You've been going pee-pee on the potty every night for well over a year. You understand and know all about timing things and the other details that go along with being potty trained but you just aren't willing yet. Dr. Bill says we need to wait on you, so for now that's what we will do. You are showing more and more signs of being ready and like to wear your Paw Patrol big boy underwear sometimes. 

You are becoming a lot more interested in soccer and t-ball and I can't wait for you to play on your first "real" team in September!

You will also be starting pre-school this fall and I just know you're going to love it!

I can't wait to see how God continues to grow you and shape you in this next year of life. You make our hearts so full.

I love you to the moon and back again my sweet love,
Mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment