1) Walker took his first steps this week! He's been cruising and walking behind push toys for a while now. He often stands with his back against the couch and while he was doing so yesterday, he just up and walked FIVE steps towards me while I was holding Sophie, our dog. He was somewhat cautious after that and I really think he just didn't give those first "real" steps very much thought. But he is standing without holding on to anything more often and for longer at a time and is taking a step or two here and there. Gray did that for over a month before he officially became a walker and our little guy doesn't seem to be in a hurry either. But it was still exciting and both Paul and I were home and got to experience it together which was so awesome. Another big milestone with Walker lately is that his other bottom teeth finally came in. They gave him a fit for so long, I was certain they were breaking through months ago. He now has four on top and four on the bottom. Gray had ALL but his two year molars by the time he was 14 months so if Walker follows in those footsteps we won't get much of a break in the teething department.
2) I can't believe Walker will turn ONE in just two weeks and Gray will be THREE just a week and a half after that. The days are often long, but the months and years go by far too fast. We are having a combined birthday party for them at our house and I have a lot of planning left to do. We went all out for Gray's first birthday so we wanted to do the same for Walker. However, we decided at the last minute to ditch a theme and just go with bright and colorful. It took a lot of expense and planning away which we needed, but I think it's still going to be cute and fun. I think after this year we will have low key, mostly family parties but are inviting quite a bit of people this year. I'm just so thankful we have a house that can accommodate a birthday party! We plan to have it outside but will party in the basement if it rains.
3) Speaking of upcoming birthdays, my best friend, Lindsey, is taking some pictures of the boys next weekend and I am so excited! We haven't had pictures since Walker was four months old and I am thrilled about having some updated ones around the house. I'll keep Walker's photo shoot outfit a surprise but let's just say it makes me squeal every time I look at it!
4) We have been SO busy lately. From showers to birthday parties to weddings to family reunions to church functions to soccer to tutoring, and the list goes on and on. I love to be out and about and on the go for a while, but then it really starts to get to me and I just want to be home with nothing on the calendar. We don't have one open, totally free weekend from now until the end of June and while it's all good and fun stuff, I hope I don't lose my mind in the meantime.
5) And maybe I've saved the best for last. I am so proud of my hub! Paul got selected to help coach an all-star soccer team this summer. It does add to the busy schedule quite a bit with several Sunday try outs that he has to travel to and then a few practices before the weekend long games in Raleigh that will be the end of June. BUT, it's a huge honor and something he is very excited about. Yesterday I opened the mail to find a letter from one of the senators congratulating him. Pardon the messy paper, a certain little person was "helping" me open mail before I realized what this was.
We have a busy weekend ahead...big yard sale tomorrow (yay for clearing out our garage!!!), Greek Festival, celebration number one for Paul's birthday and Paul will be gone most of Sunday after church at one of the try outs.
Hope y'all have a good one!

No comments:
Post a Comment