1) Paul turned the big 3-5 on Tuesday. We celebrated with a quick, sushi dinner date night. Somehow it had been three months since we had been on a date. That may not seem like a long time to some of you but it is so important to date your spouse, especially to have time away if you have kids. So if you're a friend of mine that lives close by with no family in town, we will gladly babysit so you can have a date night! So once again, Happy Birthday to my best friend, best husband and best Daddy in the whole world! I know a lot of people who are thanking God for giving Paul Hicks to the world 35 years ago, especially me. After almost six years of marriage, I still can't believe God gave him to me. He just keeps getting better with age, y'all!
2) I am not wishing the time away by any means, but I am SO excited about some things coming up in late summer/early fall for Gray. Like his first "real" soccer team that Daddy will be coaching, hopefully also squeezing in t-ball and preschool for the first time (though right now that just makes me want to cry). Our big boy is growing up!
3) We are loving and enjoying our house so much! We have a lot more space and after coming from our small townhouse with a concrete slab for a back yard, we are just so thrilled to have a fenced in backyard. We have a little over half an acre, which is plenty big enough to play in without too much to take care of. Gray and Walker are both big fans of being outside and I have felt so thankful to have our own space to play in when we aren't out and about. We have tons of birds, a family of chipmunks and also some baby bunnies right now that just adds to the excitement of having outside loving boys. The older lady who lived here before us spent years and years and hours and hours landscaping the yard. Although there are a few outside projects we want to tackle one of these days, we have been blessed with a beautiful, mature yard that we haven't done anything to yet other than pull a few weeds.
4) Walker is taking lots of steps each day now. Some days I think he will be walking full time any minute and other days he seems content doing what he's doing. Either way, it's so cute watching him learn and he gets SOOO excited when he walks by himself. Somehow, some way that sweet babe is going to be ONE a week from today.
5) We are sticking around for Memorial Day weekend. My grandfather is in town from Seattle for the first time in two years so we are looking forward to spending time with him. We are also excited to have some down time in between birthday parties and a get together with friends. And I have to mention again how very excited I am for our photo session on Sunday! I'm hoping the boys cooperate.
Have a good weekend y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment