Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Walker-11 months

My sweet baby boy,

You, my son, are eleven months old today! Some of the days, especially your first several months of life, have been really long. But mostly, the weeks and months have flown by. You add so much joy and laughter to our family and I really just can't remember what life was like before you came into this world.

You wear size four diapers, size 12-18 month pajamas and size 12 month clothes. You have really chunked back up and I can't wait to see how much you weigh at your one year appointment.

Those meal 'ol teeth have given you a few rough days and nights and still have yet to break through the skin, meaning you are still holding out at six cute little teeth.

You are still eating like a champ and have yet to refuse one single food you've been offered. You drink 4-5 bottles a day, usually only 4 ounces at a time. Your reflux and swallowing dysfunction are barely noticeable anymore and we are in the process of weaning you from your medicine. Praise the Lord!!

You are a great sleeper. You go to bed around 7:00/7:30 and sleep until 7:00 ish. You take two naps a day and your afternoon nap is usually 2-2.5 hours long.

You still suck your thumb but pretty much only when you are sleeping. 

You are cruising around faster now and love walking behind a push toy and sometimes while holding our hands. You seem very content with your mobility and in no hurry to walk, but of course you could change your mind any day now. I'm afraid you are going to be quite a climber. You have recently started climbing on top of the fireplace which means our living room and basement aren't so baby-proofed anymore. You already push toys to a specific spot so you can try to stand on them to help you climb. You are going to keep us on our toes my busy boy, no doubt.

Your favorite things in life are: big brother Gray, Sophie, being outside, taking baths, music, cars, trucks, tractors and a puppy toy that you can push and do all kinds of things with. As soon as you hear music you stop what you are doing and that chubby little body of yours starts to bust a move. I can't get enough of it. You even try to dance in your car seat to the radio. We are still working on your love for books but you have become a tad more interested. Have I mentioned how much you love your big brother? You follow him around and it doesn't take much at all for him to make you cackle. And though he is anxious for you to start being disciplined, he is crazy about you too! ;)

Add caption
Add caption

Add caption

Add caption

Add caption

Add caption
You strongly dislike having your diaper changed, getting your clothes on and being wiped down after meals. Other than very loudly protesting those events, you are still pretty laid back and flexible. 

You have started saying a few new words like "uh-oh" (sometimes sounds like "uh-oh" but usually "oh-oh"), Sophie (which sounds like "Sah-sah"), "brother" (you usually just make the "b" sound over and over). You also have consistent sounds and "words" for puppy (referring to your favorite toy right now), strawberry and bottle. You stare at our mouths constantly and I can just see your little brain trying to figure out this whole talking thing. 

I am trying so hard to soak up what's left of you being my baby because you are approaching toddler days faster than I want to admit. 

Add caption
Add caption

Add caption
I love you more today than I did yesterday but less than I will tomorrow. Life with you just keeps getting sweeter.

With my whole heart,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment