This last month we have finally started to see a happier baby-praise the Lord!!! He is still having some trouble with his reflux but his overall temperament has improved tremendously! I've loved going back and reading detailed monthly posts about Gray so though most people won't be too interested in all this, I know I'll be glad to have it to look back on one day. So, more about our sweet guy at five months...
Weight-16 pounds, 4 ounces. The only reason we have an accurate weight at 5 months is because we had to take Gray to the doctor the other day. He has a gained a little over a pound in the last month (was 15.1 at four months), which the doctor said was good for his age. I am really hoping to see his curve come back up a little at his 6 month visit.
Eating habits-nursing has become quite a challenge again. If it's not a reflux flare up, it's him taking a million "breaks" while nursing to look around, put his thumb in his mouth or just stare and grin at me. As much as possible I try to nurse him in a really quiet room with minimal distractions. He nurses about seven times a day and is loving solids, which he gets 2-3 times a day. We give mostly oatmeal though I have slowly started introducing more fruits and veggies. So far he has loved everything-carrots, green beans, apples, pears and prunes- and I hope he will be as good of an eater as his big brother is. He still has days when he spits up a LOT but I think the solids are helping with that for the most part.
Eating habits-nursing has become quite a challenge again. If it's not a reflux flare up, it's him taking a million "breaks" while nursing to look around, put his thumb in his mouth or just stare and grin at me. As much as possible I try to nurse him in a really quiet room with minimal distractions. He nurses about seven times a day and is loving solids, which he gets 2-3 times a day. We give mostly oatmeal though I have slowly started introducing more fruits and veggies. So far he has loved everything-carrots, green beans, apples, pears and prunes- and I hope he will be as good of an eater as his big brother is. He still has days when he spits up a LOT but I think the solids are helping with that for the most part.
Sleeping habits-Walker is still waking up once a night. I personally think it's habit but I am going to keep nursing him until we go back at six months and I know his weight is better. He goes down around 8:00 every night, wakes once around 4:00-5:00 and goes back to sleep until 7:00/7:30. He isn't on a very strict nap schedule because we are out and about quite a bit but I do try to make sure we are home for at least one nap a day, which is anywhere from 1.5-3 hours. He falls asleep in the car pretty easy now but puts up quite a fight in the church nursery or when he is being held.
Milestones/New Discoveries-Does happiness count as a milestone? It does for this baby!! His first teeth still haven't broken through the skin but are sure giving him some pain so I'm hoping it will be soon.
Milestones/New Discoveries-Does happiness count as a milestone? It does for this baby!! His first teeth still haven't broken through the skin but are sure giving him some pain so I'm hoping it will be soon.
Likes-his thumb, big brother, Sophie, fans and lights, solids, any and everything he can put in his mouth, being read to, starting to last a little longer in his exersaucer, his mobile in his crib, being outside, rolling over! If he is on the floor playing, he almost never stays on his back. He has rolled almost all the way across the room a few times.
![]() |
| He wants to crawl so bad already! |
Special places/memories-Daddy's soccer game, the pumpkin patch
![]() |
| Add caption |
![]() |
| Add caption |
![]() |
| Walker/Gray |








No comments:
Post a Comment