ONE.
I really doubt this is news to anyone reading this, BUT-Paul's team won the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! I am so proud of him and his boys and it still seems so surreal. It's such an accomplishment for anyone, but especially for him considering he started the soccer program at Reagan just ten years ago. I hope to blog more (I stay ambitious about this whole blogging thing) about the play-offs and championship game day sometime soon. But just in case I don't get around to it, I must post this sweet picture of our big boy running to his Daddy's arms shortly after the big win. It makes my heart nearly explode into a million pieces.
TWO.
Number one means that soccer is over. I might be almost as excited about that as I am the championship. I don't want to be a complainer or a negative Nancy, but y'all-soccer season is HARD! It's been in full swing for six months now and there were so many weekends and nights we didn't see Daddy at all, not to mention I often wondered how in the world I could make it through the day by myself with a screaming baby and a busy, challenging toddler. But God saw me through, often giving me a humble perspective that some families don't have a husband or Daddy at all. There are a lot of events and celebrations in the near future because of the championship, but we will be seeing a lot more of Daddy now and I know two little boys and a Mommy that are so happy about that!
THREE.
My boys have been sick, sick, sick! Gray was sick over a month ago for weeks and his nasty virus ended up as a sinus infection. Just a few days after finishing his antibiotic, he woke up with a new virus, which happened to be the day of the State Championship game-yes, I picked up another "mom of the year award" for letting him go to Raleigh and sit in the freezing cold to watch his Daddy's team. Anywho, Walker has had a nasty virus for over a week now too and was just plain pitiful until just a day or two ago. I took both boys to the doctor on Wednesday mostly concerned that Walker is barely nursing and/or taking a bottle (more on that in a 6 month post coming soon) but also wanted to get Gray checked out too because I thought he was wheezing. Two hours later, we left with a negative RSV test but a report of low oxygen and wheezing for Gray. Now he is on Albuterol and Prednisone (which should be illegal for toddlers) and I am stuck somewhere between thanking God that I get to be home taking care of my babies and wanting to run away for the next week. Oh, and did I mention Daddy was in bed for four days and also on steroids earlier this week?
FOUR.
I usually wait until Thanksgiving weekend to decorate for Christmas but am planning on getting started this weekend. We won't be able to decorate full on this year because of some things we still need to do to our new house, but stockings will be hung and Nativities will be set out. And I can hardly wait to cut down our Christmas tree when we go to Boone for Thanksgiving next week. And I may or may not have already busted out my Michael Buble Christmas CD.
FIVE.
I can't believe our baby boy is almost half of a year old. Wait, yes I sort of can. You see, the first almost four and a half months were so hard with him that time really crept by for me. I don't wish it away but the older he gets, the happier he is so for that I am ready to welcome month six and hoping to have a full post about our baby boy before he turns seven months ;)
Happy Friday, y'all!

No comments:
Post a Comment