ONE.
Walker had his four month well visit today. I'm hoping to write a more detailed monthly post for my own memory's sake but I thought I would report his stats here too. He weighed 15 pounds, 1 ounce and was 26 inches long. Believe it or not by the look of his cheeks and legs, his weight curve had come way down and the doctor was a tad concerned. He has gone from his weight being in the 80/85th percentile to it being just below 50th. He thinks several things are to blame, a big one being the amount he spits up, which started getting bad several weeks ago. He doesn't want us to wait until 6 months to start solids and I can't let him cry it out at night to sleep 12 straight hours yet (he still gets up once, come times twice a night). It was not the appointment I expected or was hoping for but overall he is healthy and if this is our "problem" with him then I would say we are very blessed. More on him in a 4 month post, hopefully coming soon.
TWO.
Gray has officially entered the questions stage! He would ask questions here and there before, but now almost everything that comes out of his mouth is a question. Some are really smart, good questions that I LOVE to answer and watch him soak in the information in his sweet little brain. But others are going to drive me crazy! Like "what's this?" a million and five times a day. And "where's Walker? Where's Mommy? Where's Daddy? What you doing Mommy?"....and those types of questions that I know he knows the answer too. And I know what's coming next-the "WHY?" stage, which he already asks sometimes. Lord, I'm gonna need a lot of patience with this boy! :)
THREE.
I get my hair done today and am so excited! I've been stretching my appointments out by several more weeks which makes me look forward to them even more. I think I'll be taking off several inches since my hair is falling out in clumps and is so thin and raggedy-thanks post partum hair loss!
FOUR.
I am such a beach girl but every year I grow to love fall more and more. We have a lot of things to look forward to this month. The Dixie Classic Fair starts today-hello fried Oreos and corn dogs!! I sure hope Walker's tummy can handle some indulgences! We also plan to make visits to pumpkin patches, fall festivals and Boo at the Zoo day later this month. And have I mentioned that I won a free mini session with a local photographer? I am SO excited!! Aside from the fact that I never win anything, I am really looking forward to having some quality, updated pictures of our boys.
FIVE.
I am sooooo excited about a weekend with Paul home! It will be the first WHOLE weekend he has been home since sometime in June. His team is exhausted and they had two more big wins this week so he decided to give them a couple of days off. I'm ready to soak in some quality hubby/family time and maybe even get a few projects done around the house.
Have a good weekend, y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment