Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

My boys made sure I had the best Mother's Day weekend. I had told Paul all I wanted was a pedicure-I hadn't had one since Gray was born and besides "needing" one desperately, I honestly can't reach my toes good enough to paint them myself. I actually went and got it last weekend because I had a shower that Sunday and my toes were in bad shape. So this weekend my only requests were for some quality family time and to get a few things checked off of our "to-do before Walker" list. So we did just that and it was so wonderful.

Sunday morning Paul and Gray snuck out while I was in the shower and went and got me an iced decaf coffee and biscuit from McDonald's. I came downstairs to the sweetest handmade card from Gray, a sweet card from Paul and a basket full of my favorite candies (which included Laffy Taffy and Gummy Bears to name a few, just in case you're curious) and some flowers. We went to church and Gray blessed me with a three hour nap that afternoon while my sweet hubs ran a few errands for us so I wouldn't have to. My mom came over for a little while after Gray woke up and we played in the sprinkler and took advantage of TCBY giving away free yogurt to all moms. To top it off, Paul made me one of my favorite dinners-Habachi style shrimp and fried rice. Between that, the McDonald's, the candy basket, and gigantic bowl of frozen yogurt (I already lack self-control but when it comes to something free, it's even worse) I'm sure to have put on another five pounds this weekend but for now I'll say it was worth it.

I told Walker all day that I really wouldn't mind spending Mother's Day at the hospital. He didn't listen. So I am still very pregnant but thankful to have had such a nice weekend with my two boys and will try to wait patiently for my third boy to arrive.





No comments:

Post a Comment