Walker was considered full term at 37 weeks and we are praising the Lord for that! I was 38 weeks pregnant as of yesterday and he is estimated to weigh around six and a half pounds and is around 19.5 inches long. At this point I can physically feel him growing by the day (besides the fact that I definitely am) and by the evenings he just feels soooo heavy inside of me. Gray was born the day before I was 39 weeks and was 22 inches long and eight pounds, one ounce. So I'm guessing Walker is a little bigger than what Baby Center estimates, but who knows!
I am going to the doctor weekly now. Since my week 36 appointment, I have been hanging out at only one centimeter dilation. I was only a centimeter and a half when my water broke with Gray so I guess it doesn't have to mean a whole lot but I was a little discouraged yesterday to know I haven't progressed any. My blood pressure is still good, Walker's heart beat is strong (135 yesterday) and my belly is still somehow measuring right on track.
I'm feeling-Very pregnant! Did I already say that? Big. Uncomfortable. Large. Tired. Huge. Hot. Massive. I am going to the bathroom every 15-30 minutes during the day and every hour to hour and a half at night. He is SO low and putting so much pressure on my bladder. Three different people at church last Sunday told me it looked like my baby was going to "fall out any minute." It feels that way too. Carpal tunnel has returned and is keeping me up most of the night. It was only in my right hand and arm for a week or two but now is in both and it actually hurts this time-with Gray it was annoying but never painful. I am averaging a TOTAL of 2-3 hours of sleep every night. The pain is the worst when I'm laying down so I spend a lot of time just pacing downstairs waiting for some relief so I can get back in bed and try to sleep again. It's so frustrating and at this point, a two-three hour stretch of sleep with a newborn sounds like heaven! I'm having some contractions here and there but nothing too exciting yet. Last Thursday evening I thought twice that if things kept up it was about to be "go time", but sadly the contractions died down. The days are getting so physically hard with Gray, especially with such little sleep. We usually stay gone all day but I am so uncomfortable and having to pee so often that we've been staying home more than usual. I am trying so hard to just soak up every day with him as an only child but I spend most of the days lately counting down the time until Daddy gets home to help. Sorry if this is TMI for some of you but the doctor stripped my membranes yesterday in hopes of getting things moving along. I had it done with Gray and went into labor three days later. They say if it doesn't work within 48 hours, it didn't work so according to the doctor it did not work with Gray but he felt it was well worth a shot this time around. It's very uncomfortable but well worth the try in my opinion too. I'm not feeling very hopeful about it and don't get the feeling Walker is coming this weekend. The doctor said they induce women with bad carpal tunnel quite often but not until 39 weeks. So that could mean we are looking at scheduling an induction at my next appointment, which is Wednesday. I would prefer to not go that route but it definitely sounds way better than being in pain every night and getting no more than three hours of sleep for another two weeks. Either way, he will be here "soon" and I just cannot wait to meet our second little miracle!
Can't get enough/craving/missing-Can't get enough water and popsicles-still! The crazy thirst that I had with Gray at the end has kicked in, though not nearly as bad as with him. I am especially thirsty at night and chug water every time I get up to use the bathroom, which puts me back in the bathroom again an hour later but I am so thirsty that I don't care. I miss not waddling and being totally out of breath over nothing. And missing "normal" clothes so bad!
Movement-Walker is still moving a lot which is always so relieving this close to the end. He feels so big and heavy, especially when his butt and shoulders and heels are bulging out of me. The nurses and doctors were surprised at how much he was moving last week and again yesterday considering how far along I am and that his head is down. "Bless your heart" was used a couple of times when the nurse saw how much he was bulging out of me in some pretty crazy positions.
Big Brother Update-Gray now says "WalKer" plain as day, instead of WalTer. He has been saying he wants him to "come out". Me too buddy, me too! We installed the infant car seat a couple of weekends ago and hadn't even said anything to Gray about it but as soon as he got in the car and saw it he said "Walker's seat!" Smart boy! He has also been talking about wanting to play with Walker and give him milk and snacks, so we've started telling him what it will really be like when he is born for a little while. Gray is still doing great in his new room and we are so thankful.
The belly-I have been meaning to get Paul to take a picture of me for over a week now and just keep forgetting when he is around. I don't reckon I need any reminders in the future of how massive my belly is at this point. Just this morning a lady (and by lady I mean a girl around my age who said she had young kids too) said to me, "Whoa honey, you look like you were due yesterday!" And though she should know better than to say that, she is exactly right. So if you haven't seen me lately, just picture a short girl with a huge and very low baby belly.
If we don't have a baby by then, I'll update after my appointment on Wednesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment