I continue to have a few posts in draft mode and probably all but one will stay there (a post about Gray lately). I just haven't had much time or energy for blogging lately. And honestly, the reason for being here now is probably so I have an excuse not to get up and clean or do laundry while Gray is napping.
I am 27 weeks pregnant today. Some baby sources say you're in the third trimester at 26, some say 27 and some 28. I'll go in the middle and say that today I welcome the third trimester. I have mixed feelings about being here. I'm not excited about getting even bigger and the uncomfortableness that comes along with it but I am more and more ready every day to meet this sweet little guy that I've been growing the past 6 months. I can't wait to fall in love all over again. I cannot wait to know what he'll look like, how big he will be and how sweet I think Gray is going to be with him (for the most part). I cannot wait to kiss his chubby cheeks a million times a day. I can't wait to dress my boys in matching button up shirts on Sunday (we only have a few matching things so we will be seeing them repeated quite often).
Paul is almost done with Gray's big boy bed. He is working on the drawers that are under the bed now and that will be the hardest part. I am so proud of his hard work on it and I can't wait to see it finished. My mom is keeping Gray on Saturday so we can go to IKEA and get a dresser, book shelf and some other little things to complete his room. I think I have decided on his bedding but wanted to wait to order it until I make sure IKEA doesn't have something I like better or that's much cheaper. My mom was very generous to pay for four canvases that will be hung in his room. We used pictures from an African safari I went on my second time going to Kenya. We got one of elephants, a zebra, a giraffe and a mama and baby monkey. They turned out so good and I can't wait to get them hung.
Our house has been off the market since we left for Kenya. Our last realtor was our least favorite yet. We met with one last week and want to meet with one more before deciding on a FIFTH realtor as we have recently approached our FIFTH year of trying to sell our house. Paul has to finish the bed before we can list it because there is wood and tools and saw dust everywhere. We want to get Gray's big boy room mostly finished and do a few minor upgrades to the house before officially listing it again, hopefully by the end of March. That's going to make for some very busy weekends!
I feel like I've said something similar before, but please know that you should never, ever under any circumstances, start a greeting to a pregnant woman with "wow!" Y'all might not believe some of the comments I've already gotten if I told you. And I still have almost three months to go! Two weeks ago someone told me I looked like I was going to pop. I know my belly is big, but pop?! Already?! My response was "You ain't seen nothing yet!" (She didn't know me when I was pregnant with Gray). And that was coming from someone my age who has been pregnant before. I believe if this continues I'll have to go into hiding even earlier this time. ;)
I am OVER this winter! It's been one of the worst ones we've had in a long time. I love snow and am so glad we got one big one this year but I am more than ready to move on to long, warm days spent outside playing with my boy and wearing flip flops. Tuesday we got a little snow and school was out and they are calling for ice tonight and tomorrow. Between the winter germs and weather, I still can't seem to get to the gym more than once or twice a week and my mood and energy are needing more than that.
There is a really sweet little voice calling for "Mommy! Mommy!", so I reckon I'll go now. Hopefully a big boy room post will be coming soon!
Happy almost Friday, y'all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment