According to Baby Center, Walker now weighs almost 3 pounds and is a little over 15 and a half inches long.
I'm feeling-Big! But surprisingly pretty good most days, especially when compared to how I was feeling at this time with Gray. Praise God that I haven't had sciatic nerve problems with my back and that weird issue with my foot again. Praying those things both stay away for good. I am actually sleeping pretty good most nights, which is also way different than this time with Gray and I am very thankful for that. I wake up once or twice to go to the bathroom but the sleep I get before that is awesome. Some nights I have trouble getting back to sleep after going to the bathroom but overall I can't complain about the sleep situation (yet!). My back is starting to hurt some by the end of the day (though again, nothing like with Gray) and Walker seems to be even a little lower than Gray was, but I am not nearly as uncomfortable yet. The gym situation hasn't changed since my last update 5 weeks ago. I am doing good to make it there two or three times a week between Gray being sick, appointments and bad weather. I feel so much better when I have worked out and I'm hoping I'll be able to keep taking my classes for at least another month or so because I really feel like that has helped me to feel as good as I do this late in the pregnancy. I wish you could see the looks and hear the comments I get at the Y. Because my belly is already so big, I think people are really concerned that I could go into labor right in the middle of a squat during Body Pump class. I honestly dread the "when are you due?" question because of the reactions that always follow. But for the most part I laugh it off and just keep telling people that I make big babies and even bigger bellies ;)
Can't get enough/craving-Still popsicles, fruit, smoothies-anything cold and fruity. I've been popping mandarin oranges like they're candy. I've still had a bit of a sweet tooth but not as bad as the last few months. I'm still missing caffeine, Jimmy John's and sushi like crazy!
Movement-Walker is one very active little guy! And although at his size and mine, the movement can sometimes be uncomfortable, I LOVE feeling and watching his sweet little body parts poke out of my belly. Gray likes to put his hands on my belly because he's seen Paul and my mom do it when they are feeling Walker move, but if he has actually felt him move he hasn't seemed to understand what it was.
Big Brother update-I thought I'd add this in because I don't want to forget how precious Gray was when I was carrying his little brother. He loves to hug and kiss on my belly but still only with my shirt pulled up. He "shares" everything with him-tries to pour his sippy cup into my belly button and even makes a pretend sipping sound while doing so, brings Walker toys and puts them to my belly and he even tries to share his paci and snacks too, which is not only a Gray sacrifice, but also so very sweet to watch. Paul finished Gray's big boy bed and y'all-it is nothing short of amazing! I am so proud of him and could not be more pleased with how it turned out. He also got the IKEA furniture together and we plan on having his room wrapped up by this weekend because our house is going back on the market next week. I can't wait to post more about his room when we get it finished. For now, here is a sneak peek of the finished bed...
And here is a comparison of the picture we found on Pinterest and Paul's masterpiece...
Gray is really interested in his big boy room and already plays in there some and asks to go "night-night" in his "big bed". We've made a big deal talking about his new room in hopes of it making it more exciting and the transition easier. Because of that, his new favorite thing to say a million times a day is "I'm big!". We will probably transition him in the next few weeks or so because we don't want it to be new at all by the time Walker is born. We've told him a lot that since he has a new room, baby Walker is going to have his old baby room. Other than that and knowing that there is a baby brother in my belly, he definitely can't fully understand it at his age. We really want to do some special things and treasure these last two months with Gray as only child. Not that life won't be even sweeter, but it will no doubt be different and even busier. But I am just so excited to see him be a big brother!
And now, the belly update...large and in charge, y'all!
A comparison of me with Gray at 30 weeks and now at 30 weeks...
My next appointment is on April 9th and is the first of every other week visits. It might be weird, but I actually like going to the doctor when I'm pregnant so I'm looking forward to going more often now. Maybe it's because it makes it seem like it's going by faster? I hope to be back with one or two more pregnancy updates before Walker makes his arrival.


No comments:
Post a Comment