Friday, February 14, 2014

Snow, times two!

A couple of weeks ago we got our first snow of the 2013/2014 winter. It was no more than an inch but was it was beautiful to watch fall and plenty for Gray to have some fun in. He absolutely loved it, just as we suspected he would. We weren't prepared with a sled or snow gear for the baby but we made do. I went inside to get something at one point and came back to Paul and Gray sledding on a cardboard Sprite box that Paul dug out of the neighborhood. You're probably thinking the same thing I was-gross and redneck! But it made for lots of giggles from our boy and that's all that mattered at the time.






Later in the day we ventured over to the Sowers for more fun in the snow.


On Wednesday of this week we got another snow. The weather people had been predicting it would be a big storm but you really just never know what to expect here so we were once again unprepared with sleds and snow clothes. It started snowing around 12:00 that day and snowed all day and through the night and then started again and snowed huge flakes for several hours on Thursday. We ended up with about 10 inches. It was harder for Gray to play in this time because it was so deep and was mixed with some ice but he sure made the best of it. We took his tricycle out and he even got to watch a snow plow in our neighborhood, which he thought was way cooler than playing in the snow anyway.


Poor baby spent most of his time like this.







This is our sweet boy's face while watching the tractor plow snow.
I can't forget to mention that since Paul knew he was going to be snowed in for several days, he decided it was a good time to start on Gray's big boy bed. He's come a long way in just a few days. Here is the picture of the bed we found on Pinterest...
 

And here is the bed as of yesterday (he's gotten even more done today but I haven't taken pictures yet)...

I'm proud of Paul already and can't wait to see the finished product!

The sun is out today and the snow is melting fast. While it's a little sad to watch it go, I have gotten my snow fix and am ready for spring now. Plus, I need to be back at the gym and not eating snow cream. But that's a whole 'nother story!

Happy Friday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment