Monday, February 10, 2014

It was a good weekend y'all!

Friday started with a play date at our house where Valentine's Day cookies and big messes were made which sums up a successful time had by the youngins (and mamas)! Too bad I didn't get one picture of the cuties covered in sprinkles.
That evening we kept Mason and Landon for a couple of hours. Gray says it doesn't get much better than that for a Friday night. They were WILD! Gray and Landon made laps around the dining room table with only minor injuries, while Paul and Mason put all the couch cushions on the floor to serve as protection for their wrestling match. I have to admit, there were times my blood pressure went up just a tad at the thought of adding another boy to this crazy mix. Gray must have been feeling the same because at one point he went and got his four wheeler helmet out of the closet!





All that playing does a toddler good apparently because Gray slept until 8:30 Saturday morning! Saturday we ran errands which included Target and Costco. Judge if you must, but we totally made a play date and lunch out of Costco. Their samples are delicious and there are plenty of them to go around (take that from this big mama who can put away a gigantic amount of food, pregnant or not) and lots of cool toys out on display.



Paul's parents had seen this Radio Flyer tricycle at their Costco and insisted we get it for Gray and they pay us back. None of us argued. It works for so many different ages and when Walker is big enough to sit in it, Gray can stand and ride on the back. Thanks Nana and Grandpa!

As if Costco didn't already make our Saturday great, it also provided our first matching outfits for the boys. The BOYS-still getting used to saying that! They have Carter's three piece sets for 8 bucks and tons of sizes to choose from so I just couldn't resist. We won't have to buy Walker any clothes but I do want them to have a few matching outfits. I can just picture them in matching sweater vests at Christmas time! These are just little play outfits but still cute.

Saturday night we watched the Winter Olympics and I stayed awake past 10:00, so that it and of itself is blog worthy.

Sunday was filled with church, hanging out with our pastor and Bible Fellowship class in the afternoon and more strolls on Gray's new ride. Oh and Gray "made" us this in his Sunday school class...

The weather idiots folks are calling for more snow this week. While I admit it makes me a little excited, I'd be more excited to see Spring come at this point. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

P.S.-I have three blog posts in draft mode, including Kenya part 2. Third world problems, I tell ya!

P.P.S.-Gray is TWENTY months old today! This time last year he was just starting to crawl everywhere and now we are thinking about his second birthday, big boy room and baby brother. Crazy y'all, just crazy!

Happy Monday!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment