Just a minute or two into the ultrasound, baby number two confirmed our suspensions of having a second boy. There was no denying it, just like with Gray. Although we've had a strong feeling we were having another boy for a while now, it was still so exciting to know for sure and be able to call the baby by name. More on that in a few...
My friend Ashley was keeping Gray for us so after the appointment we headed to a party store and stocked up on blue balloons. We wrapped them in a huge box and Gray opened it on Christmas Eve night. My family was shocked and Gray couldn't have been more excited about
Anywho, it is sinking in more and more everyday that I'm going to be a mom to two boys and I have to say, I'm quite excited about it for so many reasons! Stepping on tractors and legos is a small sacrifice to pay. I'm excited about Gray and Walker having a brother, I'm excited thinking about them playing with their tractors together and down the road playing sports together. I'm especially excited that we won't have to buy anything (other than maybe a sippy cup or two) for this baby. Everything in the nursery will stay the same and Walker will even be able to wear all the same clothes since they will both have June birthdays. I won't be doing it often, especially since there is no need to buy more clothes, but I am excited about dressing my boys alike every now and then too.
Everything checked out great at our anatomy scan and we are so thankful to God! All of Walker's body parts and systems were counted for and healthy, though they can't get the information they need on the heart until 18 weeks or later so we don't know about that yet. My iron levels are up so I guess the shortness of breath is just pregnancy related. I'd gained a few more pounds, putting me at 6 total, which is one more than I'd gained with Gray by that time. No doubt the Christmas goodies were to blame for that! And I don't even want to think about how many pounds I gained in Kenya-there is nothing healthy to eat other than fruit and all of the other foods are carbs and starches. I have two weeks to eat healthier and get back to working out before my next doctor's appointment. I went to the Y today for the first time in three weeks and thankfully it wasn't as bad as I anticipated.
I am 19 weeks today and we go back to the doctor on the 21st. We'll get another ultrasound since I wasn't far enough along for them to get the info they needed on his heart. I am so excited about seeing him again! We never got to see Gray after 18 weeks and this will be my last one with Walker, assuming everything stays healthy and normal with the pregnancy.
Kenya post hopefully coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment