Feeling-Pretty good, other than still having shortness of breath. I am hoping once my iron levels increase I will feel even better-I've been on an iron supplement for almost two weeks now. I am still working out about 4-5 days a week and other than the shortness of breath, exercising is still going fine and is relatively easy. I am having pretty bad headaches, sometimes daily and more than once a day. I didn't experience this with Gray until later in pregnancy. I am not one to be weird about medicine, except when I'm pregnant but I don't usually take something unless I feel like I absolutely have to. I am not napping anymore but can't stay awake much past 9:00 most nights. I'm already up at least twice during the night to use the bathroom and some nights have trouble getting back to sleep. God sure has a way of preparing us for sleepless nights ahead!
Can't get enough-Fruit and carbs. I could eat an entire pineapple in one sitting and I find myself day dreaming of steak and cheese sandwiches from Hero House. I remember writing this when I was pregnant with Gray but I am not much of a deli meat sandwich fan at all, except for when I'm pregnant apparently. And I don't want it warm, which is how you are supposed to eat it when pregnant. I feel like I'd give almost anything for a Beach Club from Jimmy John's, which happened to be the very first thing I ate after Gray was born. And drink. I am so thirsty and I want anything to drink except water (normally other than a cup of coffee I don't drink anything other than water). I'm still not drinking caffeine unless I take a sip or two of Paul's sweet tea or coke.
Movement-Nothing yet in the way of kicks but several times now in the morning when I first wake up, I have felt a very hard little something bulging out of my lower stomach. It's about the size of what the baby should be now and goes away within 30 seconds or so. I guess that has to be the baby, right? I didn't feel anything like that with Gray but I don't know what else it could be. The other morning I woke Paul up to feel it and he couldn't believe it. I can't wait to start feeling those little flutters in the next month or so. I felt Gray for the first time at 18 weeks.
The belly-No mistaking there's a baby in there. When I saw my friend Lindsey a couple weeks ago after not seeing her for several days she said, "Wow, he's grown!" (she's certain we're having another boy too). He/she has certainly grown, but some of that is no doubt turkey and pumpkin pie leftover from Thanksgiving, along with lots of holiday junk food. By this time with Gray I'd only gained 5 pounds but I have a feeling it will be a little more than that when I weigh on Tuesday. I'm not sure if it's a blessing or not being pregnant during the holidays but I'm sure loving these maternity pants when I get full ;)
![]() |
| 11 weeks/16 weeks |
Here I am at 16 weeks with Gray. There isn't a huge difference but my belly definitely feels bigger to me this time compared to 16 weeks the first time.
Paul and I still think we are having another boy and I think most of our friends and family feel the same way. I can't wait to find out and starting calling this sweet baby by name!


No comments:
Post a Comment