At 20 weeks, Walker is about 10 inches long from head to heel and weighs about 10 and a half ounces.
I started feeling him move right at 17 weeks, a week earlier than with Gray. I'd been expecting to feel him even sooner than that since I've heard you can so much earlier with the second one. Within minutes of us being on our first long flight to Kenya, not only was I certain that I was feeling him but Paul could even feel him when he put his hand on my belly. I bet if I'd had a chance to be still long enough before then I would have noticed some little movements. Feeling a baby move inside of you has to be one of the most amazing things in this whole world. And it is no less exciting for me the second time around. Since recognizing those little kicks on the airplane, I've felt him off and on every day since and I just love it so much. They are still faint enough that I feel them most when I am being still but have noticed a couple here and there at other times and it catches me off guard-in a good way of course!
At 20 weeks I am still feeling pretty good. I felt big for the first time last week and it is way too early to be feeling that way. I think a lot of it has to do with not exercising for three weeks and eating a ton of unhealthy food while we were in Kenya. And I don't need people to tell me "just wait" this go around....I remember far too well how humongous I got and I'm afraid working out or not, I'm going down the same big mama road. My doctor already mentioned something about me being short and how it makes you "look" bigger. Haha, it is what it is and at least I know I can get it off, even if it takes almost a year ;) Hitting the gym after three weeks off was pretty tough last week but that would be the case not pregnant. I still hope to work out 4-5 times a week for as long as I can, even if I have to modify what I'm doing. It is no doubt helping me feel better and I am hoping will help make for an easier labor too. Walker already seems to be carrying low, just like Gray was the whole time. I am praying this doesn't mean in another 8-10 weeks he'll be pressing on my bladder and sciatic nerve like his brother did. But I'm feeling good now and will enjoy each day that I do so in case the last couple months aren't so comfy. My belly definitely seems a little bigger at 20 weeks this time around than with Gray but until I'm at the waddling stage I reckon I might as well embrace it. Gray is really paying lots of attention to my growing belly and this morning when I walked in his room to get him, he pointed at it and laughed. What a way to be greeted first thing in the morning :) He loves to love on the baby and give him kisses, but it almost always has to be my bare belly, which I hate! We are working on that, especially since he likes to show other people how he loves on his brother. We are working on him saying Walker, but so far nothing sounds anywhere close to it. I just can't wait to see him as a big brother!
| 20 weeks with Gray/20 weeks with Walker |
We have an doctor's appointment on Tuesday and will get another ultrasound since I was too early at our last one for them to get the information they need on the heart. I am so excited to see him again!
No comments:
Post a Comment