It was a busy weekend, y'all!
Saturday was the second annual Jogging for Jonah event. Read more about Jonah
here-you won't be sorry you did. Last year I was 35 weeks pregnant and could barely waddle to the bathroom so we just made a donation and stayed home. I was excited to participate this year and take Gray along with us. The weather was nothing like typical early May weather should be. It was a very brisk morning with a cold windy mist but it didn't stop us from strolling and having fun anyway. Abbie and Hudson joined us for the walk. I can't even believe Abbie just popped a baby out less than 3 weeks ago and already has a 5k under her belt. Hudson and Gray were all bundled up and enjoyed the ride.
 |
| We found Alex volunteering on the sidelines. |
 |
| The cold weather didn't bother this guy. |
 |
| He got to go down the big boy slide with Daddy. |
After JFJ we went home, put Gray down for a quick nap and then headed to Boone. Last weekend was Paul's grandfather's 90th birthday party that we weren't able to go to since we already had plans to attend my friend Lindsay's wedding. Grandpa Hicks doesn't know who anyone is anymore but we wanted to have a good visit with him for his birthday because we just never know when the last visit may be. Though he doesn't recognize anyone, he LOVES kids. And it's a good thing too because he already has almost 20 great-grandchildren! Gray was exhausted and we were a little concerned about how he'd do but he was just the sweetest little guy ever. He and Grandpa exchanged many smiles, laughs, kisses and hugs and it made our hearts so full.
After visiting with Paul's grandfather we stopped by our friends Chad and Caroline's house. They are good friends of ours from church and just moved to Boone about a month ago. Aidan and Gray are just three months apart and were working on being such good buddies until they sadly moved up the mountain. We are excited that we can still see them when we travel there to visit family though. We are already planning a trip to Tweetsie Railroad later this summer or early fall.

Sunday we worked in Gray's room at church.
And then I helped host a baby shower for my sweet friend Marie who is due with a baby boy just a few days after Gray's due date was.
 |
| Ashley, Marie (the mama to be), me, Alex and Broph. |
There were so many precious babies to love on.
 |
| Sweet Caroline...one of the BEST babies I have ever been around! |
 |
| Sweet Hudson. I had to get my snuggles on, after all I hadn't seen him since the day before ;) |
 |
| And oh this sweet cheek girl, baby Ella. |
Fun weekends usually mean busy ones and often I'm wishing for one more day to slow down with my boys. That is what I'm asking for for Mother's Day...just some good 'ol quality time with my two favorite guys.
Happy Monday, y'all!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment