I first tried snapping a few pics by myself but to keep this boy still and take a picture at the same time, by yourself, is close to impossible.
![]() |
| And this would be what happens when Mama takes the syringe away. |
![]() |
| And this would be what pictures are like when Daddy is home :) |




Milestones-Two more teeth! This makes 8 total, 4 on top and 4 on the bottom. Poor baby has gotten one after the next after the next since he was 5 months old.
Gray will stand on his own for several seconds at a time and is cruising around furniture like it's cool. He is very brave and thinks nothing of letting go of one thing to grab onto something else. I'm honestly surprised he isn't walking already but I'm in no rush for that to happen so we are fine with him taking his time with that milestone. He crawls around so fast and doesn't seem too interested in walking right this minute.
He is saying and waving bye bye more frequently now and does it at the right time.
Playtime/Interests-Toys aren't too impressive to Gray right now. He'd rather chase Sophie, play with a syringe, pull all 100 books down from the bookshelf or play peek-a-boo with Mama and Daddy. He is SO much fun right now. One of his favorite things is for us to say "I'm gonna get you!"-he cracks up, squeals and crawls as fast as he can to get away from us but then looks behind to make sure we're chasing him. He could play peek-a-boo all day long. Sometimes we put him in his crib and hide on the sides of it. He jumps around squealing and laughing and goes from one end of the crib to the other peaking his little head over the top to see where we are. It's the cutest thing! He still loves books but sitting still through an entire one is rare. However, he has just started getting a book and bringing it to us, crawling up in our lap and waiting anxiously for us to read it. I hope his love for books never goes away! We've been going to the Y for several weeks now and he loves it! Being out and around people is totally his element. Paul and I were in a little store in Old Salem with his parents last week and we had Gray in his stroller. This older lady came walking up saying "Hey Gray! Hey Gray, how are you?!" Gray was smiling and carrying on like he's known this lady his whole life and I've never seen her before. I thought maybe she worked at Paul's school and I just didn't recognize her. She finally told me she worked in the nursery at the Y and that he was her favorite baby. I found it to be both sweet and hilarious.
Language Development- No new specific, clear words but yet Gray seems to be talking more and more. Does that make any sense? We don't necessarily pick up on any new words but I am certain he knows what he's saying. We are really encouraging him to use words when he wants things instead of whining or crying. I know it's too soon to expect that but I don't feel like it's too soon to start teaching it. I've been really slack on sign language. It is just something I rarely think to do with him but I want to try to start being better with it, especially the signs for "please" and "thank you". It is really important to us that Gray is polite and has good manners. Receptive language continues to blossom and it is so amazing what he can understand at 10 months old. He knows/understands/responds to several "where" questions..."Where is Sophie?" (he will about break his neck looking for her), "Where is your water?" (he'll pick up his sippy cup), "Where is Daddy/Mama/Gray?", etc. He has his moments with "no" and "no touch" but he no doubt knows what it means.
Eating habits- Gray has four bottles a day, anywhere from 5-8 ounces. He eats baby food/table food three times a day. He is becoming less and less interested in baby food, I think mostly because he wants to feed himself. He is getting better with table foods. Some of his favorites right now include: goldfish, teething cookies, crackers, puffs (still a favorite and he could eat his weight in them, no doubt) bread, tortilla, sweet potato chips, apples, pears, and oranges.He is still having a rough time with some textures. Banana and green bean baby foods are two of his favorites but he'll have nothing to do with the real thing. He loves water and drinking out of his sippy cup.
Sleeping habits- 7:00/7:30 at night to 7:00/7:30 in the morning. He is still taking two naps a day and lately isn't sleeping much longer than an hour. He seems pretty close to one nap a day but we tried it the other day and it proved to be not time quite yet.
Temperament/Personality- Gray continues to have such a strong personality, which also comes with a strong will! He loves people and loves to talk, play and be silly. He knows when and how to get attention, he knows when a camera is on him and I am pretty certain he knows he is so cute! ;) He is normally a very happy and content little guy and because of his first three months of life, I try to never take that for granted. Last week was really rough. He was pitching several hard core fits every day and no lie acted like he was in his terrible twos! I think a lot more of it was due to teething than I thought because he has been a complete angel baby this week. Sometimes when we tell him no, he just goes about his business and it doesn't bother him. Other times is starts World War III. Paul and I have already spent many hours reading books and listening to podcasts from Gray's pediatrician, Dr. Satterwhite (who is AMAZING, by the way!). Oh, and a lot of time praying too! I don't say that lightly. Parenting and specifically disciplining, is no easy task but is so, so important and though we could never be close to getting it all right, we are sure going to try hard anyway. We haven't had any issues with separation anxiety, maybe because Gray loves people so much. But yesterday for the first time, he cried when I dropped him off at the nursery at church. I stood by the door and listened and he was over it in less than a minute. Tonight for the first time, he cried when Paul left for soccer. It too only lasted for a few seconds. Hopefully it's not the start of some separation issues.
Favorite things about Gray at 10 months- I want to include this from now on because Paul and I frequently have conversations about "what our favorite things are about our boy" right now. Gray has learned to give kisses and it is the sweetest thing. He opens his mouth and leans in to either our mouth or cheek. He also puts both arms around your neck and gives the biggest hugs. But the kisses are something we have to ask him for and we don't always get them. This morning when I went in his room to get him, he gave me a big hug when I first picked him up (which he normally does these days) but then without me asking, he gave me the biggest, longest, most slobbery kiss on my cheek! I definitely shed a few tears of joy over that one! We also love how excited he gets when one of us gets home or when we pick him up from his class at church or the Y. It's such a good feeling to see his little face light up, his feet start kicking and that sweet little voice start squealing and talking.
I have been a mommy for 10 months now and it is still such a surreal feeling. I am often overwhelmed just thinking about the fact that God is allowing us to be parents to such a sweet miracle. And I can't believe in less than two months until we will be celebrating one year of life with that precious miracle that we get to call our son.



No comments:
Post a Comment