Thursday, January 17, 2013

Rain

It's been raining for 4 days straight now. I'm not saying I wouldn't prefer a warm, sunny winter day over a cold and rainy one, but I can't bring myself to complain about it either. I have God and Kenya to thank for that.

My eyes have been opened to severe droughts and what it means for the beautiful African people. It means their life. It means their children won't get supper. Or breakfast. Or supper the next day. It means they watch their children starving, some to death, and there isn't a thing they can do about it. There is no packaged or processed food or a grocery store to buy it from if there was any.

Most likely, no matter how long we go without rain, it's not going to determine whether Gray gets to eat or not. Every other Facebook status I read is a complaint about the rain and I've said it myself before too so I am certainly not claiming to be better. I've just been blessed enough to see another part of this world and with God's grace, have a different perspective because of it.

If this rain were in Kenya right now, all the people would be out dancing in it, shouting, singing and thanking the Lord that it would help the crops and in return, they would get to feed their children.

So thank you Lord for the rain that you're giving us and please send some to Africa too!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: