Monday, July 11, 2016

Walker's 2 year letter

My sweet, precious Walker-man,

Mommy hasn't been able to find much time for blogging over the last few months but I just can't bear the thought of forgetting anything about you at this stage in your life. You turned TWO a month and a half ago now, which is crazy since I just had you like yesterday. ;)



The last year has been bittersweet-watching you become less and less of a baby and more and more of a big boy. I love your age so much! You are growing and learning new things every day and I find so much joy in being able to watch your little sponge of a self soak it all in.

You are a tall boy just like your brother. At your two year well visit you were 36 and 1/4 inches tall, which was the 93rd percentile! You weighed just under 27 pounds, which was the 34th percentile. I was so proud of how big of a champ you were for your finger prick and shot-you didn't cry at all or even get mad and you were so excited about getting band-aids! You are wearing size 2T clothes, size 5 diaper and size 6-7 shoes.

Though you still rock the classic Walker grumpy face with those scrunched up eyebrows a good majority of the time, you are happy and content more than it appears by your facial expressions.

That gapped tooth grin gets me every time!


You are so ticklish, especially on your under arms. You love for me to say, "raise your hand if you...." and when you raise your arm, I tickle you until you just fall over from laughing so hard. It never gets old.

You've had a rough, rough time with your two-year molars coming in but one finally came through about a month ago and I'm hoping the rest are easier for you. You are independent and driven. You don't mind playing by yourself and you work hard to figure things out by yourself. Your love for tractors, trucks and all things that go grows by the day. Your most favorite right now are Jeep Wranglers and mail trucks. You love to ride your John Deere mower toy outside and especially love for brother to take you on gator rides. Speaking of things that go, you just rode in a real airplane for the first time! Our friend Elliot is a pilot and was so nice and generous to take us all flying. You didn't really seem to know what was going while we were in the plane but you loved pushing the buttons in the cock pit and seeing where the plane parked.

You have a big love for books too, which makes me so happy. As busy as you are, you plop down in my lap numerous times a day and say, "read me book!". You always ask for "one more book" at nap and bedtime and I almost always give in.

You also love animals SO much!! Any and all kinds. If it's alive and moving, you are ecstatic about it. We have a tradition of rolling down the windows in the car every single time we pull in the neighborhood so you can look for cats. You yell "kitty, kitty!" as loud as you can and it breaks my heart every time we don't see one. You love our Sophie but are still learning how to be gentle with her; she spends much of her life running away from you but you just laugh and say she is playing "chase". One of your favorite animals right now is a cheetah-you love to talk about how fast they are. You got a book about them and a little stuffed one for your birthday that you love to sleep with. You also love characters and mascots, especially the Chick-fil-a cow and Bolt, the W-S Dash mascot.

You love your brother so much. Sure, there are many moments every day that I am frustrated and sad at the bickering and aggravating that already goes on, but man do you love him. If you wake up before him in the mornings, he's the first person you ask for. And when he was at preschool this past year, you would sometimes cry for him. The times that y'all are playing sweet together are some of the happiest I've ever felt in my life. Y'all are almost always doing some kind of "job", where you use all of your tractors and trucks and make construction sites or pretend to do landscaping jobs outside. You are forever talking about a "job!".





A big "job" in the making
You are a big time mama's boy, but Daddy can get some of the best laughs out of you and according to you and brother, he is the ultimate tickler and wrestler. Daddy does this thing with you where he will say, "Walker, have you had enough kisses today?", to which you grin from ear to ear and reply "noooooo!" and then he kisses you all over, tickling you with his facial hair and you almost stop breathing you are laughing so hard. It's the best, buddy! You love to mow with Daddy and ride on his shoulders when we are out and about. You don't quite know it yet, but you have the best Daddy in the entire world. He loves us so well and works very hard for us so that I can be at home with you and Gray. I pray you will be even half the man he is when you grow up one day.


You are talking so much! You say so many new words every day and are starting to use more and longer phrases. You love to sing songs too and it's the sweetest sound to my ears. "Jesus loves me" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider" are your top two favorite songs.

You love puzzles and coloring. You know that your name starts with a "W" and can even recognize a few letters. You have even spelled your name a few times, which makes me squeal and clap with much excitement!

You appear to be a natural born athlete. You amaze me with how well you can dribble a soccer ball, and have been able to since you first started walking. You throw the ball well too and can catch it a lot of the time. I wasn't even able to keep you at brother's soccer practices this past season because it was such a fight to keep you off the field. I can't wait to see what sport/s you learn to love and play as you grow older.

You are fearless, just like your big brother. This is both good and bad. I'm shocked we've only had minor injuries to deal with so far. You love to play with older, bigger kids and aren't the least bit hesitant around them.

You are also a people person just like Gray. I guess it's because both your Daddy and I are too. You love to be around people and aren't one bit shy when we're out and about. You love to tell people your name and that you are two years old. You never cry when I drop you off at any kind of child care but you are always so excited when I pick you up. Emmett is your best buddy. You talk about him constantly and love being around him. Y'all are in the same class at church and it's precious to hear the teachers tell me what you boys do on Sundays-playing rough is always at the top of the list.

You and Emmett snacking at the pool.
You are an amazing eater. You have been since the day we introduced "real" food. I'm so thankful your reflux and swallowing dysfunction are no longer problems. I can count on one hand the number of things you don't like to eat-thank you Jesus! It is incredible that you can eat the amount of food you do and only weigh 27 pounds. Your most favorite foods are cheese, broccoli, french fries, pepperonis (ronis, as you call them), watermelon and grapes.

You used to only suck your thumb when you were sleeping but once those molars started moving around and causing you pain, that thumb started being in your mouth most of the time. Dr. Brown says not to worry about it just yet and I'm glad because I can't lie, I think it's so precious.

Just when I think I couldn't love you any more, tomorrow comes. You won't be able to know the depth of my love until you have your own children one day, but I'm sure gonna spend every day trying to see that you do. You are pure joy and I am so thankful you're my son!

I love you thiiiiiiis much,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment