Sunday, September 13, 2015

Weekly Recap

This week flew by thanks to Labor Day and being super busy.

Tuesday while Gray was at school Walker and I played at home and finished unpacking from the beach. Then we went to the playground and to Y before picking brother up from school. Some mornings it's hard having Gray at preschool by 8:00 but I do like that he is there four hours because although I miss him, it actually seems long enough to be productive and spend some good quality time with Walker man.


Daddy was home from practice in time to eat dinner and play for a few before Walker went to bed. If Gray has a nap we don't put him down until around 9:00 because he is still awake in his bed until at least 10:00. It's crazy I know. But he is happy in his bed and he just seems to not be needing as much sleep these days. After Walker went to bed Daddy helped Gray finish up his first homework assignment. 

The women's Bible study started back at my church this week. I've been going since Gray was three months old and I honestly couldn't imagine life without it. It gives me a structured study that helps me stay in the Word daily, it's time with friends-my age and older ladies with so much wisdom, and it's two hours away from the boys to get refreshed and for them to get social interaction and even a little Bible lesson. The study I am doing for the next six weeks is called Seamless, by Angie Smith. I just finished the first week and I love it already!

Both boys took a long nap and as much as I felt like I needed to do around the house, I did this instead...

Wednesday night Awana started back at church. This year Gray is in the 3 year old Cubbies program. They do very structured Bible lessons and even memorize a Scripture verse each week. They even had child care for Walker while brother was in Awana which meant I got an hour and a half of down time in the lobby talking to some awesome mom friends. While we were at church Paul's team was busy getting a 3-0 win...Go Raiders! They are off to a good start this season but conference games start on Monday and things will start getting tough. 

Thursday Gray had music class at school. This is right up his alley so he was so excited to tell me all about it. I am so happy with his preschool already. He is learning a lot and having so much fun and his teachers are awesome! The main teacher sends an email EVERY DAY the students are there giving details of their day and what they did. When I picked him up Thursday Mrs. Andrews, his assistant teacher, told me she had a funny story to tell me as she was putting Gray into the car. Apparently he had some business to take care of in the bathroom and when he came out he shouted, "that was the biggest stinky OF MY LIFE! And it was GREEN!" Oh. My. Word. I almost died y'all. And Gray was looking at us the whole time like, "what's the big deal?!". 

I think the most exciting part of the whole week happened on Friday evening. Gray had his first official soccer practice! Last year he did a Soccer Tots program but it was more just running around, two year old chaos and they barely even touched a ball. This year, it's all business! ;) Gray was so excited that he didn't nap and was dressed in his uniform approximately two hours before practice started. As busy as Paul is with his high school team, he wasn't going to miss the opportunity to coach Gray's first soccer team. There are six boys on the U-4 teams and they have a 30 minute "practice" followed by a 30 minute "game". The kids listened so well and stayed focused better than I could have imagined. And I couldn't get enough of my big boy in his uniform.


This picture, this reality-it's like a dream come true! Be still my heart.

Coach Daddy!




Walker was such a good boy at practice and I'm pretty sure he had as much fun as the boys on the team.
Saturday was filled with a birthday party, tutoring, grocery shopping, cooking, playing with neighbors and enjoying FALL weather!! 




This morning was our first day in our new Bible Fellowship class. We have been so excited about it and just could hardly wait. And then Paul got his first ever migraine that put him in the bed for over 24 hours. He rarely gets sick or has regular headaches and he was in bad shape. He missed church and the first day in our new class and we had to cancel plans for friends to come over for dinner. He still isn't 100% but is hopefully going to be well enough in the morning to work and coach Reagan's first conference game tomorrow night. Our BF class was awesome! We had a good crowd for the first week and I can't wait to be a part of these young married couples' lives. 

Here's to a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment