Friday, September 25, 2015

Last week

I reckon since this week is about over, it's time to get last week's recap out of draft mode.

Last week was looooong. Paul had three games and had to go scout a game another night, which meant he was gone for four bed times, which meant the boys didn't really see him during the week. I know a lot of people have it worse, but we miss him when he isn't here and it definitely makes my days with the boys long and challenging.

Gray got to go with me to their first conference game lastt Monday night. It was against Mt. Tabor (their biggest rival aside from West) at Mt. Tabor but the Raiders pulled off a 1-0 win. 

We busted out some fall pjs thanks to the cooler temps. 
Gray on the left, a little older than Walker is on the right. Both equally cute and sweet. Insert a million heart eyes.
The temps might have been chilly at night but during the day we got to enjoy dinner on the "porch". Gray enjoys taking his shirt off at random times.

We marveled at this sunset leaving Awana Wednesday night. 

Which led to this conversation with Gray...

Me: "Look at that beautiful sunset God painted for us to enjoy."

Gray: "But did he get paint on his clothes?"

Me: "I don't think so buddy and even if he did, it comes out in the washer."

Gray: "When we go to heaven can we take Sophie with us?" (Sophie is our dog, aka Gray's BFF)

Me: "Yes buddy."

Gray: "Will the mean king (Pharoah) be there?"

Me: "I don't know buddy, he acted very ugly."

Gray: "I think he will be in Nineveh!"

My heart smiled and laughed at the same time. He is so smart and his little brain is just constantly thinking about all of these things he's earning and trying to piece them together. The questions are going to start getting tough and I pray I am ready to answer them in the right/best way. 

Thursday morning Walker had his 15 month well check. He is closer to 16 months at this point but we had to reschedule with a new doctor after ours got a new job, which I am still pouting about. But I think I'm going to like Dr. Brown just as good as we liked Dr. Bill and she is already in love with Walker, so that helps too ;) Hoping to do an updated post on Walker soon.

Meanwhile Gray was busy as school leaving about community helpers and hanging out with a police officer and going to art class. To say he is loving school is an understatement!

Friday was soccer day! Paul had a rare Friday night game so a sweet parent took over as coach. Gray wasn't happy about it one bit, but when his best buddies showed up to watch him he quickly forgot about it.

Saturday was spent running errands, I tutored and we had a few couples from our new Bible Fellowship class over that night. It was all fun and games until one of them was used the term "middle aged" to describe someone in their mid to late THIRTIES. I about died! But we are loving getting to know these YOUNG, newly married couples.

We enjoyed church and just hanging around the house on Sunday, soaking up some quality family time before another busy week started.

It's looking like a rainy weekend here but you won't hear me complain one bit because that might mean Daddy gets to be home all weekend instead of being in Raleigh for games all day and night tomorrow. Rain is a good thang, y'all!

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment