Gray has recently started answering questions. The only problem is that he always answers "no" even if he means yes. Thankfully most of the time it's a really sweet "no" instead of the way he used to say it. The other day I was asking him question after question to see if his "no" would change depending on what I asked. They were all questions that he understands well. "Gray do you want a snack? Gray do you want to go outside? Are you ready for a nap? Do you want some ice cream?" and things like that. He had the same response and tone for every question. Then I said "Can Mama have a hug?" And without any hesitation or the word "no" he ran to me, wrapped his little arms around me and gave me the biggest hug in the world. It was so sweet y'all. I'm sure if you'd been there it would seem a lot more special but I had to write this one down for my own record.
We'll keep working on "yes" but I have to say this is the most precious use of the word "no" I have ever heard.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How sweet! Charlotte is super-proficient at "no," but it ALWAYS means "no"!! ;) Gray seems like such a sweet little guy!
ReplyDelete