I went to the beach for three nights last week with my good friends Daphne and Meredith. It was the first time I'd been away from Gray overnight. When Daphne first invited me and I looked at the calendar, I told her it wouldn't be possible because Paul started soccer try outs the day we'd be leaving. But by the grace of God, I have an amazing husband who wasn't just willing to make it work but actually encouraged me to go. He said he knew I was about to be "working" overtime with soccer season here and him gone a lot and wanted me to have some down time. With Paul having try outs it meant that Gray was kind of here, there and everywhere but it worked out just fine. He had his first sleepover without Mama and Daddy. He spent a night with the Sowers and loved every second of it. And Lindsey loved it too, though she has even more confirmation that they will remain a family of four ;) Gray thinks Mason and Landon are so funny and they have an endless supply of tractors and boy toys. Gram helped out a lot too and Gray did well with the traveling and here and there. I honestly didn't worry about him much and trust me, I missed my boys like crazy, but it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I had so much fun and it was so relaxing. Y'all, I got to sit on a chair on the beach for more than a minute. Actually, we sat on the beach ALL day the entire time. We also didn't put one ounce of makeup on the whole time and besides our bathing suits, we didn't wear anything other than sweat pants, gym shorts and t-shirts. We didn't go anywhere, except to the beach. We didn't spend one dollar, except for the gas to get there. Daphne's mom is an amazing cook and we ate like there was no tomorrow. We laughed until we nearly peed our pants. We stayed up way too late. We talked and talked and talked. We napped on the beach. We read good books. We listened to good music. We reminisced about Africa-we've all three been to Kenya together and Daph just got back from 5 months in Uganda! We saw dolphins jumping and swimming in the ocean. We saw sea turtles hatch and make their journey to the ocean. I wish I had pictures of that but you can't use your flash. It was truly one of the most amazing things I have ever watched. If you really just stop for a minute and take in all the crazy facts about sea turtles and pretty much any other animal in the world, it makes you (or at least it does me) realize just how amazing and creative our God is.
Need I say more? It was seriously the most prefect weekend!!
.
 |
| A really intense and amazing piece of sand art! |
 |
| Meredith takes even more pictures than I do. Only she would be taking pictures during a work out! |
 |
| "The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork." ~Psalm 19:1 |
 |
| Homemade shrimp and grits-DELISH!! |
 |
| My first tomato pie experience. Let's just say I came home with the recipe! |
 |
| Mama Meredith, 18 weeks pregnant. |
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment