We took Gray to Lindsey's house for his one year photo shoot just three days after his birthday. We'd had it on the schedule for a long time and I had been so excited about the pictures. We went that afternoon to buy balloons for the shoot and right as we walked out of the party store a big storm came out of nowhere (this storm ended up leaving us without power for three days, which is a whole 'nother story). The power went out everywhere around us, including all of the stoplights on the busiest road in Winston-Salem. Because of lights out and trees down, it took us over an hour to get home and I can't recall a time that I was more scared in a car. Gray was way over due for nap by the time we got home and we were without power which meant it was hot and his noise maker wasn't working. Him not getting a good nap was the least of my concerns at that point because how would we have a photo shoot OUTSIDE in this kind of weather?! Our balloons were only going to last a few hours (not to mention I was going to hate wasting 20 bucks on balloons) and Lindsey was leaving the next day to go out of town so the pictures had to happen. Literally minutes after Gray woke up from his nap, the sky cleared and Lindsey was about to wet her pants when we got to her house because "the lighting couldn't have been more perfect!" It actually worked out better than if it had been a sunny day because Gray's eyes are so sensitive and they water so bad in the sun. Once Gray knew all eyes were on him, it didn't matter that he didn't get a good nap in and he was hamming it up. I'd been telling Lindsey that I didn't think there was any way she could top the Easter pictures but I was sure wrong. I don't think they could have turned out any better. You know how it goes when I try to post a "few" of my favorites, but here is an attempt...
 |
| You can't tell by the lighting but the ground was soaking wet. Lindsey's husband had to put layers of trash bags under this basket so it wouldn't get ruined. |
 |
| This sailor suit has been around for quite some time. My brother wore it when he turned one and both of my nephews did too. |
Once again we are so grateful for Lindsey's time and talent. These pictures are such treasures already and will be forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment