I stole this blog idea from my friend Jessie, who stole it from one of her friends. It's something I think I'll really enjoy reading back on one day and I'm going to try to do it once a month.
Loving-This unexpected "snow" day that Paul got off from work. Though I do think it's hilarious that it only rained, you won't catch me complaining about it one bit. Days when Daddy's home are the best. There isn't anything I love more than the three of us spending time together. But I also get to have a little me time. Right now I'm having coffee and oatmeal that is actually still warm while watching my two boys wrestling in the background as I write this blog post.
Reading-Nehemiah Bible study by Kelly Minter. Also dying to finish Kisses from Katie that I got for Christmas. It's about a young girl who is a missionary in Uganda...soooo near and dear to my heart right now for many reasons. I've read the first couple of chapters and I could finish it in a day if I had one to myself. I just can't seem to find the time to get any further into it right now. By the time Gray goes to bed, we eat and clean up from dinner, I pump and get ready for bed, I am beyond exhausted and can't hold my eyes open for even the best book.
Waiting for-Our house to sell. We've only been waiting 4 years though, so I don't know if that counts ;)
Excited about-Spring and summer! I can't wait for flip-flops, dresses, sunshine, Gray's first Easter, his first birthday, and summertime with my favorite boys. Hoping Gray will love the beach as much as his mama does.
Trying to-Be a better Christian, wife and mom. I hope this is something I'm trying to do for the rest of my life. Thankful for God's grace and unending chances for a re-do!
Working on-Gray's first year photo book on Shutterfly. I try to work on it two or three times a month. He is 8 months and the book is already 80 pages but I'm pretty sure I'll never regret taking too many pictures.
Enjoying-My job. It's been several years since I could say that. Being a stay at home mom is hard and exhausting but there isn't anything else I'd rather be doing and I try my best not to take it for granted. Gray grows and changes every single day and I feel so blessed to get to witness it all first hand.
Using-BlogPress app on my phone.
Wearing-Nursing tanks and sweat pants. Like, every day. I will usually put on a pair of jeans and try to make myself somewhat presentable when we go out, but sweaters and jeans just aren't comfortable or practical while we're at home crawling all over the floor.
Planning-Gray's first birthday party. Well, sort of. I am getting ideas from Pinterest and starting to really think about things. With a one income teacher budget, it's going to take a lot of time and creativity to make his first birthday party special. And it's only three and a half months away. Sniff, sniff!
Singing-Jesus loves me. We've sung this to Gray since he was 2 weeks old and all through his colicky days. He responds to music in an amazing way and this song seems to be the one that soothes him the most. I sing it to him before every nap and Daddy and I both sing it to him before bed every night.
Needing-More hours in a day! And a little more sleep would be nice too. I am still waking up half way through the night to pump and it is wearing me out! 3-ish more months (Lord willing). I think I can, I think I can...
Learning-That there are more important things than a perfectly clean house, gourmet dinners and not being 5 minutes late.
Listening to-The sweet sounds of Gray talking, his tiny little hands clapping together, noisy toys, things banging together and his Bible songs on CD that we have to listen to every single day. And of course some whining and crying in there some too, but all of those other sounds more than make up for it :)
Wishing-I could freeze time. I know I've said it so many times, but I look forward to Gray growing and getting older and learning more and all the fun that we will have with him in the future. But every night Paul and I talk about how we just want to soak every minute up with our sweet baby, who won't be a baby forever. So if it's possible, I want to freeze time temporarily ;)
Doing-A lot of praying...about so many things.
Dreaming of-The day my feet return to African soil. And especially the day my husband gets to go with me, meet my second home and family and fall in love with it like I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment