Sunday, February 10, 2013

Celebrating Baby Wrights

Three other friends and I hosted a baby shower today for one of my dearest friends, Abbie. Abbie and I have been friends for a long time now and even spent two years as roommates. Needless to say, we've shared many awesome memories together. We were in each other's weddings, just three weeks apart. Abbie was one of the most excited people for us when she found out Gray was on the way. She was one of the first people to buy a gift for our sweet boy and the day she found out we were having a boy, she started making me a scrapbook that is one of my most treasured things to this day. She and her husband Chris tried for quite a while to get pregnant, all the while she was genuinely sharing in the joy of so many of her friends getting pregnant. All of these things made it even more sweet to me than it already would have been when I found out she and Chris were finally going to have a sweet one of their own. So today was probably almost as exciting for me as it was for the mama-to-be. Baby boy Wrights' room is Dr. Seuss themed, making for one super fun baby shower. All of the food and decorations were based off of Dr. Seuss books, colors or characters.
The hostesses and mama-to-be
Steph, who is standing next to me, is due with baby girl Ella in two weeks and we had her shower last week. And Marie, next to Abbie, is 21 weeks pregnant with a sweet baby boy who is due right after Gray's birthday. Thankfully we have a short break before the next baby shower ;) I am so excited to meet baby boy Wrights in April! I hope and pray he and Gray have a friendship even half as special as the one I have with his mama.

Alright, I'm off to work on one of the three other posts I have in draft mode, including one about Gray being EIGHT MONTHS OLD!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment