I felt more overwhelmed with thanksgiving this year than I ever have before. I truly don't even know where to begin in counting the many blessings God has given us. I try my best to not take all of those blessings for granted and not just on Thanksgiving day, but every day. And the most important thing is to remember that we have been given those blessings from God and nothing or no one else can get the credit for them. Gray is certainly at the top of the list for us and he sure made this Thanksgiving a special one.
We spent Thanksgiving in Boone, as we usually do, with Paul's dad's side of the family. They have a very large family with 12 grandchildren and number 13 on the way. All of the children are extremely smart and well behaved and Paul and I started taking notes long before Gray came along. They do things completely different from most of the rest of the world and I love it. I could make it an entire post and maybe I will sometime. Anywho, we had a wonderful time visiting with family and hanging around Boone. Gray got to meet his great grandfather (Paul's dad's dad, not the one Gray is named after) for the first time. He has severe dementia and doesn't know who anyone is so he won't remember meeting Gray but we sure will.
| Four generations of Hicks men! |
On our way home we went back to the same Christmas tree lot that we went to last year for the first time. It was even more fun this year with the company of our sweet boy. The people that live there are super nice and down to earth and I think we will be giving them our business for a long time. And any tree/any size is only 40 bucks. By looking at their house, you can tell how they afford to give people such a good deal.
He came in and out with that big 'ol thing three times and ended up trimming a foot off and then had to doctor it up to get the top shaped back up. It made for a lot of laughs, which just happens to be one of our most favorite things to do. Decorating has been a little different this year with a little one taking up most of our time. It took us three nights to get the tree completely finished. It's so big that we spent one evening just putting on the lights. But as I recall saying last year, no tree is too big and I love coming downstairs to this sight every morning! Gray loves the lights and he just stares and stares at the tree. I guess this will be the last year we don't have to worry about him pulling on the ornaments and lights.
I decided to put up a few more decorations this year than I did last year. I am so over our house being on the market and having to keep it a certain way. It's been almost four years so at this point I don't think Christmas decorations are going to keep it from selling.
Gray was dedicated at church on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. That is deserving of its own post though, so I'll be back with that soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment