Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Randoms

We have now passed the three and a half year mark since we first put our townhouse on the market. I haven't mentioned anything about it in a while, honestly because most days I forget it's even for sale. We are giving our current realtor a couple more months and then we'll move on to number four. We keep being the lowest priced in our neighborhood until another foreclosure comes up. We had a showing last night for the first time in months. It's still frustrating at times but I've been so busy with Gray I don't think about it too much. And our house is a constant wreck with play mats, toys, blankets, a swing, a stroller and all kinds of other baby stuff scattered across the floor. For that reason, I am not complaining that we rarely get showings. But as I picture Gray walking and running around in what will seem like no time, I get a little discouraged about being in this tiny home with no yard. We have no desire for a big house, even if we could afford one, but more storage space, a few hundred more square feet and a yard would be great for our family one day. God hasn't forgotten about our house though and He knows what we need, far better than we do so we continue to trust in His will and timing.

Paul's been super busy with soccer season, which makes us treasure our time together on the weekends SO much! I love the time we spend as a family of three but I also always want to keep our marriage first in our family. We had a great date day last Sunday and spent several hours at the fair, just Mama and Daddy. Y'all that know me well know how much I love the fair, mostly for the food. This year was quite different because there was hardly anything I could eat that was dairy free. Oh well, I guess the fried Snickers wouldn't have done much for me wanting to lose the last of my leftover pregnancy pounds anyway. And there's always next year, right?!

I really miss going to Paul's soccer games and honestly, I hate having to cheer him on from home. Gray goes to bed about 8:00 these days so it just doesn't work out for us to go. I look forward to next year, although by then I'll be spending the entire time chasing him around :) Daddy knows we are still his number one fans.

I have an addiction to Shutterfly. I have always loved pictures and taken a ton of them. I think they are so important for keeping memories around forever. I always make a Shutterfly album after any trip we/I have been on and I love how many pictures can fit in one small, thin book that doesn't take up a ton of room around the house. I started on a "Gray's first year" album shortly after he was born.  I can't help but work on the album at least once a week during Gray's nap. And when I do, I am glued to it until he wakes up and forces me to stop. I love looking at all of his pictures over and over again, and writing about everything he was doing and learning in each month. He is just four months today and the book is already 45 pages. I have a feeling I'll have some editing to do once we get closer to the year mark. But I already treasure the book so much.

Tomorrow will be one year since we found out I was pregnant! It seems like forever ago, yet I remember it like it was yesterday. It was a Tuesday morning and before I got in the shower I took a pregnancy test. It was the kind with the lines. The second line showed up but was so faint that we didn't get our hopes up. I went to work and tried my best not to think about it all day. Ha, yeah right! I told Paul that I wanted us to take another test that night-the kind that has the words saying either "pregnant" or "not pregnant". We were meeting with a potential new realtor that night so I stayed home straightening the house and Paul went and bought some pregnancy tests (what a sweet hubby I have). We were crunched for time so we were going to have to wait until the realtor left, which was killing me! We were walking around the house listening to her give some advice about what we could do to the house. We got to the smallest bedroom in our house and she said, "I don't know y'all's personal life and you might think I am crazy for saying this, BUT-I think y'all should borrow some baby furniture from someone and stage this room as a nursery." Paul and I were trying our hardest not to crack up or pee our pants with excitement thinking that soon we really might be turning that tiny room into a nursery. After she left it was time to take the pregnancy test. I wanted so bad to stare at it for the entire three minutes you are suppose to wait but Paul made us go into a another room and wait. It seemed like the longest three minutes of my life. When the time was up, Paul and I anxiously went into the bathroom and saw the word PREGNANT on the test. The rest of the night was so exciting and special. Now here we are a year later with a four month old precious baby boy. That brings about a lot of emotions for this mama, mostly feeling humbled and blessed.

Gray doesn't go for his four month appointment until Monday so I'll post next week to report his current measurements. I can't wait to see how much he's grown. The shots on the other hand, do not excite me one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment