Thursday, October 4, 2012

A busy week

Mama and Gray have had quite an eventful week. Monday my friend Kristen and her sweet one, Grace (aka-Gray's future wife), came over for a play date. We had plans to run errands later that day but I had no interest in toting around a baby in the pouring down rain. So off we went to my friend Ashley's house to have a second play date of the day with her little princess, Selah.

Tuesday consisted of the errands that didn't get done on Monday, including an hour long trip to Walmart. Y'all, I HATE Walmart. I can't even express how much I hate it and I usually do any and every thing to avoid going. I honestly don't think I have grocery shopped there in over a year. But it is a small price to pay to be able to stay at home with our sweet boy. And Gray was an absolute angel. As my dear friend Alexandra would say, "Ya betta praise Him!" We also had another play date with my friend Caroline and her 6 month old, Aidan. Caroline retired from teaching to be a stay at home mom and her husband is a coach at Wake, so Paul and I have a lot in common with them. We are hoping to start getting our boys together a lot more often.

Wednesday morning Gray and I went to church for Bible study. Last week when I picked up Gray from the nursery he was the only baby NOT crying and they said he had been perfect. He was really good this week too. And I'll say it again-YA BETTA PRAISE HIM! After Bible study, I babysat my friend Laura's little sweetie, Evelyn.
She just turned one so it was a busy few hours with her and Gray together. But they were both great and Gray napped for a good bit of the time. Evelyn and Sophie hit it off immediately. Evelyn thought it was funny when Sophie gave her kisses right on the mouth. And Sophie found it especially sweet that Evelyn shared her snack with her. Laura I promise I only let her do it twice-I wasn't expecting it the first time and the second time was for the sake of getting this cute picture ;)

Thursday Gray and I went to my friend Julie's to meet baby Hannah, who was born a week and a half ago. How precious is she?
Then we had to help my Gram take her car to get worked on, which was a half hour away and we left just in time for 5:00 traffic. Gray ended up being in the car for almost two hours and only took about a 40 minute nap. Then Gram and I ventured to Costco and went out to eat. That was a total of six hours since he'd woken up from a good nap at home and a good majority of that time was spent in his car seat and he did not cry at all until we were on the way home. I can't say enough how thankful I am for the happy, easy going baby that we have these days. He was so tired when we got home he couldn't even keep his eyes open long enough to eat before bed. Bless his sweet self.

I certainly can't say we lacked for social interaction this week. Excited that it's almost the weekend and we can soak up some time with Daddy!

PS-Our baby will be 4 months in less than a week. Say whaaaaat?!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! No worries about Sophie - Murphy kisses Evelyn on the mouth and they share snacks, too! Thanks again for keeping her!

    ReplyDelete