The Hicksters had a great weekend but dang if it wasn't over in a hot minute. Friday night we went to dinner with my brother, sister-in-law and my youngest nephew, Bryan. The best part about dinner was when some random balloon making man came to our table and told Bryan he learned how to do all these cool things at Ballooniversity. Quite a while later and totally out of nowhere, Bryan interrupted us and shouted "please remind me when I turn 16 that I want to go to Ballooniversity." It was hilarious and such a typical Bryan moment!
Saturday we looked at houses ALL day. We want to have some narrowed down so that when we do get an offer on Paul's, we will have some potential houses in mind and be close to putting an offer on one. We aren't finding a whole lot that we like but there are a few maybes out there. We are pretty picky about what we're looking for but we feel like we should be because we plan on making our next house our last house. We are still feeling very content in Paul's and are not in a hurry. If we got an offer today that we could afford to accept, we'd definitely do it. But now that we are down to just one, we don't feel as desperate. I know that the right house will be there waiting for us when his does finally sell.
Saturday night we hung out with our friends Katelyn and Derek. We hadn't gotten to hang out with them in forever and it was so much fun! They are the kind of friends that we end up in 5 hour conversations with. Katelyn is an amazing singer and Derek has unbelievable musical talent as well. They have a local band that happens to be opening up for Little Big Town on March 25th!!! They have gotten to open for several famous country stars but this will top them all. I am so excited for them and the opportunities for their band that could come from this. We leave for Disney World the day of the concert and are so disappointed that we have to miss it. I heard on the radio yesterday that it is already almost sold out.
Sunday after church we ran some errands and then Paul had his first soccer game of the spring adult league season. It was almost 80 degrees here on Sunday so it was the perfect day for a soccer game. My friend Stephie was in town from Chicago this weekend so we got to have dinner and see them Sunday night. It was so much fun talking about their upcoming wedding in Chicago. I cannot tell you how excited I am! I was a huge Cubs fan as a little girl. My brother was a Braves fan and every year we would go to Atlanta when the Braves played the Cubs. I always wanted to go to Wrigley Field but since Atlanta was so much closer we always went there. Last spring when I went to Chicago for the first time the Cubs were traveling that weekend. We went to a White Sox game instead, which was still so much fun. But this year the Cubies will be in town and we got our tickets over the weekend to go to a game while we're there for the wedding. I am so excited I could just about wet my pants.
Y'all have a good week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment